• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worse number 1 side to rise to the top of the rankings during last year?

Which of the two do you think made for the worse # 1

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha I think you have to say India, at least England's attack keeps showing up.

Froffin' for an India-Pakistan series tbh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
England. Would rather have Australia back. Make it happen.

At this rate England's stay at the top will be shorter than India's. :laugh:

Ruckus

International Captain
Doesn't mean much though. England still are a good team, where as you can't really say the same for India.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Pakistan will give a hard time to Australia, SA in UAE....don't know when they visit us next..

Spark

Global Moderator
Meh SA. Learn to beat decent opposition at home, then we'll talk. Flatter to decieve, them, and have done for years.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Really tough to separate the top 5 of England, RSA, Australia and Pakistan and India. I am adding India because we don't know if they can be beaten at home.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well India aren't now.

And neither are England.

Australia best atm.
No, not yet. Done a lot better than I thought we would 12 months ago.

As for the OP, using the common away venue they've played (ie, here), India is worse. England's attack is loads better. Even in this series where they've been so beautifully belted, their bowlers kept them in two out of three matches. Can't say that about India

Ruckus

International Captain
Australia South Africa Pakistan England IMO.
Na our batting is faaar too unsettled to give us the best team in the world atm status, imo. If we can somehow work out and be happy with our batting line up over the next year or two though, then yeah things could start looking pretty positive, because our bowling, and its depth, is looking pretty top notch I have to say.

Spark

Global Moderator
Really tough to separate the top 5 of England, RSA, Australia and Pakistan and India. I am adding India because we don't know if they can be beaten at home.
Give me this Australia team right now at full strength with decent preparation against this India side and I'm reasonably confident we could win against India in India.