• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Zindabad!!!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You stayed there until we beat you here in 06. We were #2 for a little while after that despite being pretty turd from then until 09.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
to score 99 in your first innings and still end up winning the test match is something very very very special (1st time in 100 years I believe). The most ironic thing is that this current team is the least talented Pakistan team that I have ever known in my days of watching cricket however where they excell over other Pak teams of the past is fielding, playing within their limitations and most of all UNITY!

Bouncer

State Regular
Yousuf just wasn't selected after his poor captaincy. Sad end for him. Was a great player for Pakistan and shameful the way he was treated. I would have him any day over Shafiq.

I disagree, Moyo wasnt dropped for his captaincy alone, his batting was no special for a quite a period of time prior to that. Besides his declining batting, he also, since his 1600+ season, treated Pakistan cricket as an ATM machine, pretty whorish attitude IMO.

smash84

The Tiger King
some of the pak members have been amongst the best in all my time here in CW. Congrats guys!!! You all deserve this moment :)

Disclaimer: I did say this about English members as well a couple of years back and we have all seen how that turned out. :p Mind you, still think there a number of good ones among them, just happen to get drowned out by a few others.
:laugh:

Poor Slowfinger. Smali missed him out. He also missed out Bouncer, Black Warrior, realist and Faisal.
:oops:

Sorry guys on missing you out. You guys are right up there in the celebrations too :)

Edit: Fusion dude. Learn to lighten up :p

subshakerz

International Coach
Immensely satisfying victory, as a Pakistani fan, I couldnt be happier. I dont think the full scale of the victory has quite sunk in yet...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
There was the thread about what you'd rather watch inducing a collapse, and this series just reinforced my view (biased as a spinner, too, I guess) that I rather the mesmerising nature of watching a spinner induce a collapse.

Sadly, unless the pitch is a minefield it's always more likely to be blamed on poor batting than when a couple of pace bowlers run through a side; probably made worse that they can make a batsman look so clueless.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There was the thread about what you'd rather watch inducing a collapse, and this series just reinforced my view (biased as a spinner, too, I guess) that I rather the mesmerising nature of watching a spinner induce a collapse.

Sadly, unless the pitch is a minefield it's always more likely to be blamed on poor batting than when a couple of pace bowlers run through a side; probably made worse that they can make a batsman look so clueless.
either that, or accusations of doctored pitches and how they are not good for cricket. I mean, it is one thing to read that on sites like YouTube but the amount of times that nonsense gets spouted here at CW.. God.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This pitch was pretty good for everyone. There was something for the quicks (all averaged under 30), the batsman if they applied themselves (Younis, Shafiq, Azhar) and especially the spinners.