• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players that had quick declines....

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who, do you think, had careers which was good for parts of it but weaker for other parts of it.

Ian Botham and Waqar Younis come to mind here.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If we're looking for quick declines after a good start to their test career

Vinod Kambli
Tim Robinson
Jimmy Adams
Nick Cook

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jason Gillespie's bowling went downhill incredibly rapidly at the end of his career. Was a sad decline for such a quality bowler.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bowlers in this are almost always cases of the "lost their nip" tag. Pretty sure Clark and Gillespie got branded with it, rightly or not. Hoggard, Ntini, Caddick would be a few off the top of my head.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This. What was it? A span of two tests?
He was utterly garbage in the one dayers that preceeded the 2005 Ashes and spent the 3 Tests he did play bowling absolute dross.

I think I've read on here before that some people felt in hindsight that he'd perhaps shown signs of decline in the home summer prior to the Ashes.