Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Is there any bowler who's better than Malcolm Marshall or could challenge him?

Cricket Spectator

Is there any bowler who's better than Malcolm Marshall or could challenge him?

I'd probably go with Steyn. He's good enough to play cricket till the age of 36 and may even end up coming close to Mcgrath's record of 563 wickets!
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Yes
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    No.

His career stats are unrivalled in the modern era and his resume is clean and complete. His home and away numbers are nearly identicle and he played and was successful everywhere. He was fast, could swing it both ways, accurate had the meanest bouncer and go could bowl all day.
    Simply the best.

And yes, know I will hear it for this.
    Aus.
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Smith^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I.
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A.
    Richards | Smith*^ | Kallis5^ | Pollock | deViliers^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng.
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

Malcolm who?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Second best in my book, which is still exceptional.
    His lack of express pace was both a plus and a minus, but there were times when he was collared, maybe because of it.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    McGrath is the greatest bowler to have ever lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

Malcolm who?
    Ha this was awesome, got one for Ambrose as well?
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

malcolm who?
    cool!!!!!!

Nice nice nice!!!!:d:d:d
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

State Vice-Captain
    At his absolute peak in the early 80s, I would put Imran as perhaps his equal or even slightly above him. Overall career, no fast bowler can match Marshall.
    Last edited by subshakerz; 02-02-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Too tough to split Marshall, Hadlee, McGrath, Lillee, Imran and Ambrose, although Macko has to be primus inter pares and the rest to follow in that order. Steyn, Wasim, Donald, Waqar, Holding and Garner aren't too far behind either.

Quote Originally Posted by subshakerz View Post
    At his absolute peak in the early 80s, I would put Imran as perhaps his equal or even slightly above him. Overall career, no fast bowler can match Marshall.
    Marshall's best years started after he took the new ball for the first time in Kanpur in the 83-84 series vs India and lasted till the 88-89 season when he went past Gibbs' record for west Indies.

Imran's best years as bowler were between 81 and 84.

Imran's peak years as bowler were 79-80 to 82-83. I think throughout the 80s both Hadlee and Imran struck at a lower average and SR than Marshall.

The most complete fast bowler (in terms of moving the ball around) that I have ever seen is Wasim and in a recent interview when Wasim was asked if he could be another bowler who would it be and Wasim said Marshall. The interviewer asked him "You will switch easily"? and Wasim was like "just like this (snapping his fingers together)"
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

The big concern for Malcolm Marshall is the number of other bowlers playing in the same era with similar records, Imran Khan, Dennis Lillee, Richard Hadlee, Curtley Ambrose, Courtney Walsh, Wasim Akram are all contemporaries of Marshall and their records are not markedly worse and some would argue better. It may be coincidence that most of what are considered the great bowlers all played together but it does give you cause to think.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Barnes not mentioned yet?

There's plenty of competition here.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Most people voted in my hadlee vs Marshall thread that although both could move it both ways - Marshall was better because he was faster. And in most CW polls he is ranked as the number 1 seamer ever.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information