• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan threaten NZ

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What do you suggest they do? Get Scott Styris at gunpoint?

I was under the impression that there was such a thing as freedom of choice.

Craig

World Traveller
That is absurd!

I never said that they werent under freedom to do what they choose.

I said it wasnt really surprising for Pakistan to threaten not to go to NZ after couintries refusing to go there. Even Tim said so himself in September or October.

anzac

International Debutant
I think my views on this sort of blackmail threats are well enough known - however a precedent has been set by the ICC grievance committee upholding Pakistan's claim V NZ after NZ pulled out of the last Test series in Pakistan.

From what I have read it appears NZ were forced to either agree to this ODI series or to pay millions of dollars in compensation to the PCB!!!! If this is correct this would have been the reason why the PCB were so quick & confident to threaten RSA with such a compensation claim when they (RSA) initially pulled out of their recent tour.

The ICC decision is dangerous as it basically removes the ability of any national body to withdraw from a tour on 'security issues' without having to make some form of compensation either monetary of by way of another tour commitment.

IMO NZ have every right to be gun shy about touring to Pakistan and have basically been forced to do so the last couple of times.

Just another example of the sub-continent financial cloute throwing their weight around the ICC???

:!( :P :!( :P :!( :P :( :duh: