Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NEW FEATURE ON BENCHMARK00WEB.NET: Indian cricket test series report & analysis

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Nominate Spikey to write the English report for their series against Pakistan.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I reckon the conversation pretty much went like this:

Indian Thinktank Member #1:
    So Dravid has dropped about 1,000 catches at first slip in the past two years; we should probably do something about that...

Indian Thinktank Member #2:
    Not a lot we can do, really. Maybe we could just move him to second or third and Tendulkar to first?

Well that could work, but what about when we only have one slip in? Dravid is a terrible outfielder and Sachin enjoys his time running about for little burts..

Good point; we'll just have to put Dravid back from second to first when that happens I guess.

Can't see any other way they could come up with what they did tbh.
    No surprise that the Indian thinktank comprises of just two people with the IQ of ice cream (butterscotch).

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    That was also stupid. Totally disrupts Dravid's game.

First slip is so unique in that you watch the ball go onto the bat. Second slip onwards you're just focused on the bat. Having Dravid interchange between those two spots can't have helped.
    Yeah agreed. First slip is an almost sacred position because it's so unique, and it didn't surprise me at all to see Kohli spill one when they tried to put him in there.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Re: Dhoni's genital-free captaincy; he's always been like it to a certain extent, but has he got worse since Fletcher took over or are we just noticing it more?

Deep cover point, for instance, is a very Fletcherish position.
    Mmm I think it's just that they've been getting killed so much recently.

It's definitely getting worse though. I remember when Australia toured India in '08, Dhoni defended with the field very intelligently and generally kept trying things even when there was a partnership going. Ponting was the one who aimlessly put men on the boundary after the bowler sent down one bad ball. He did a phenomenal job of welding a young team into world beaters when he took over the LO sides after a few high-profile retirements, so you'd think he'd be a handy guy to have in charge for the next phase in Indian cricket, but he doesn't seem to have much enthusiasm for the job anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Nominate Spikey to write the English report for their series against Pakistan.
    Dear Professional Cricketers,

Use your ****ing feet against spin bowling.

That's all I've got but well
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Will a packet of hard candy twist your arm??
    Tempted to dismiss this out of hand as woefully insufficient, but before I do that how large a packet are we talking about here?

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Benchy to replace old man Fletcher as the new Aussie coach. He'll annoy them into performing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Speaking of which, what the **** was going on with Tendulkar going in and out of first slip all the time? Have never, ever seen anything like that before.
    They had 3 first slips during the tour. Dravid, Tendulkar and Kohli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Awesome stuff, Benchy.. Seriously, awesome.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Awesome read Benchy. Good stuff.

Totally agree with pretty much everything. I think Laxman did prod outside off a bit more than usual though.

Did Zinzan ruin that too? Jono will kill him!
    ?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    I said here instead of there: remember when kohli was here

but yeah kohli ending up at 1st slip because dravid was off the field and sachin was in the outfield was just so amazing

Is that a reference to the whole zinzan/martin crowe thing? Cos I think I missed that whole saga when I was off the boards, whatever that is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Speaking of which, what the **** was going on with Tendulkar going in and out of first slip all the time? Have never, ever seen anything like that before.
    That was also stupid. Totally disrupts Dravid's game.

First slip is so unique in that you watch the ball go onto the bat. Second slip onwards you're just focused on the bat. Having Dravid interchange between those two spots can't have helped.
    I reckon the conversation pretty much went like this:

So Dravid has dropped about 1,000 catches at first slip in the past two years; we should probably do something about that...

Not a lot we can do, really. Maybe we could just move him to second or third and Tendulkar to first?

Well that could work, but what about when we only have one slip in? Dravid is a terrible outfielder and Sachin enjoys his time running about for little burts..

Good point; we'll just have to put Dravid back from second to first when that happens I guess.

Can't see any other way they could come up with what they did tbh.

You guys probably missed my rants on this topic. It is another of those Tendulkar Things. " I always bat 4 no matter who is injured up the order" and " If I am in the slips, I am always first slip". Just stupid that 'no one in the team can go and talk some sense to him.

Weird thing is, I think if someone did ask him, he will see the sensible side and accept. Just don't think anyone in the side has the guts to go do that.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You guys probably missed my rants on this topic. It is another of those Tendulkar Things. " I always bat 4 no matter who is injured up the order" and " If I am in the slips, I am always first slip". Just stupid that 'no one in the team can go and talk some sense to him.

Weird thing is, I think if someone did ask him, he will see the sensible side and accept. Just don't think anyone in the side has the guts to go do that.
    Taken years, but you're finally coming around to realise Tendulkar is as damaging for Indian cricket as he is helpful.

WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Taken years, but you're finally coming around to realise Tendulkar is as damaging for Indian cricket as he is helpful.

Or maybe you just finally started reading my posts.

I should say, I don''t think it is Tendulkar who is harmful for Indian cricket. It is the attitude towards him by team mates, selectors, board, captain, fans, sponsors which are. That is why he comes up with **** like "Cronje is the toughest bowler I faced".. Bollocks, that is just him coming up with a line that would be funny for the papers the next day.. Just appreciate the guy for what he is and see the real positives in him. His enthusiasm for the game, the way he prepares, how he puts doing well in cricket above so many other things in his life, his amazing natural ability to judge the length of a ball so early, his razor sharp mind which works out the strokes and its angles in microseconds, the fact that he is among the greatest batsmen since Bradman, a sharp cricketing mind who is still not tired of thinking cricket when out on the field inspite of 20 years in the game..

But no, it has to be **** about how he is the best in the world, how he has NO faults and how he has done something good no matter what he does or does not do... It just gets irritating at times. He has a lot of good things about him and a few bad things. If you just learn to treat his pluses and minuses like with any other cricketer, it would be so much better. I already see something similar start to happen with Dhoni.

The only good thing about all the Tendulkar worship in India is, there is just NOT going to be another Tendulkar. Even if the next guy is actually better than him, no one is going to accept and are still going to sing Tendulkar's praises. The bowling attacks he faced would suddenly become better, the pitches he played would suddenly start becoming seamers and greentops and bunsen turners. God forbid he enters commentary, he will suddenly be better than Richie Benaud after his 5th game.

Some of the accounts of his 136 against Pakistan must be enough to show what I actually mean here.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information