• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I don't have a say in selection + Ready to quit Test captaincy : Dhoni

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dhoni the selector brings in his pals to the team and is a ****ing cancer for the team's progress. H Singh was dropped only after his selection rights were taken away. And he called up RP Singh out of the blue for the England test who is another friend of his.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

MS Dhoni, yesterday.

Seriously, absolute self-serving pigswill. Rohit Sharma might have made a difference, but if he was selected who'd have missed out? Kohli.

If he really thinks the Indian board will struggle to find someone who'd do better he's either delusional or Indian cricket is really screwed. My money's on the former.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seems like a beat up to me
yeah pretty much
Things might be different in India, but it reads exactly like the kind of article sportsmen and their agents leak to tame journos to further their own agenda up here.

Dhoni wants to stay on, so let's it be known he's operating with one hand tied around his balls and challenges the board to sack him if there's anyone better.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hope they call his bluff and sack him. Funny that he's challenging them to find someone better, given his performances they'd probably do well to find someone worse.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Get a feeling somewhat that he doesn't want to stay on as test captain in anycase. But doesn't really want to quit test captaincy and stay on as ODI and T20 captain himself.

I think when he was talking about retiring from one format next year, he was referring to tests.

uvelocity

International Coach

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni the selector brings in his pals to the team and is a ****ing cancer for the team's progress. H Singh was dropped only after his selection rights were taken away. And he called up RP Singh out of the blue for the England test who is another friend of his.
Eh? Don't think he had selection rights ever, tbf.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Either find a younger captain with experience or do what SOuth Africa did and throw the captaincy to the talented new guy. Might not work might be successful, but that's the choice you make with any captain.

At least with Kohli he showed the fight to actually battle on, why not just let him grow into the test captaincy?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If he's giving lists of players he wants to the selectors it sounds like he does have a say in selection. If he got every player he wanted then having selectors would be pointless, though.