• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which batsmen today or in 1990's you would expect to play the 1980's bowling easily?

bagapath

International Captain
I'm agnostic.
I'm an atheist, burgey.

Ponting's power packed swivel pull has been one of the most thrilling shots executed against pacers. It is more likely to be airbourne than inzy's pulls controlled by his rolling wrists or sachin's bread and butter drives; but it is also more likely to clear the onside boundary and demoralize the fastbowler.

bagapath

International Captain
Why Inzy bagapath?
Because he had the height to handle bounce, footwork to negate swing, timing to counter pace, placement to beat the field, and power to clear the boundary.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
...and an average of <33 against the best two pace bowling sides of his time?

Rate him, special player, and reckon that he would have been capable of making some quality knocks against super bowlers, but what he did between doesn't set a great precedent for taking on the best bowling attacks.

bagapath

International Captain
...and an average of <33 against the best two pace bowling sides of his time?

Rate him, special player, and reckon that he would have been capable of making some quality knocks against super bowlers, but what he did between doesn't set a great precedent for taking on the best bowling attacks.
such numbers cant lie. may be i am living in a dream world not really judging inzy by his actual performances. tail between legs...