• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moin Khan vs Rashid Latif

Mr Miyagi

Banned
That was Rocky VI, Rocky V was garbage though so it was the 5th real Rocky film IMO
No, it was Rocky V, Tommy Gun is trained by Rocky and then he goes with a rival and Tommy and Rocky have a big punch up in the streets as the finale showpiece of the film.

Tommy Gun was a real boxer by the way - interesting espn 30 for 30 special on him.

The 6th Rocky film is Rocky just fighting someone younger than him after a simulation suggested he could win.

I thought Creed was excellent.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, it was Rocky V, Tommy Gun is trained by Rocky and then he goes with a rival and they have a big punch up in the streets as the finale showpiece of the film.

Tommy Gun was a real boxer by the way - interesting espn 30 for 30 special on him.

The 6th Rocky film is Rocky just fighting someone younger than him after a simulation suggested he could win.

I thought Creed was excellent.
Ah I assumed we were talking about the too old man fighting a much younger man more like Rocky VI, but I can see how Rocky V could sort of fit as well

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Worthy bump. That was a good read. I'd probably rate Moin better as an overall package. Seemed to be a natural leader on the field.

Bouncer

State Regular
As someone who saw both of them play at international level for almost every single game that they both play in, I can tell you that as a keeper Rashid was miles ahead of Moin. He was unbelievably good at keeping considering the attack that he kept against was the most potent and had most variety in that era considering Wasim (Greatest Left Armer ever), Waqar, Akhter (2 of the fastest bowlers ever), Aqib (traditional swing bowler) Saqi (Doosra) and Mushtaq (2nd or 3rd best leggie of 90's). Keeping to all these was not easy and Rashid made it look like easiest thing in the world.

3 of his keeping acrobats come straight to mind are Azhar's catch in 96WCQF and his take off Waqar in that tied one dayer in 94 when waqar had clean bowled the Kiwi batsman and ball just hit outside of the base of the off stump, Rashid instinctively dived and picked it up right in his hands even after a late reaction to the ball as he after the ball had quickly changed the direction after hitting the stump and Rashid was still able to grab it. These two should be available on YT but not the 3rd one which was also off Waqar's bowling in Pindi Test (??) in December 1993 against Zim, I think it was Andy flower who edged younis and Rashid had that amazing pure reflex grab.

Moin's keeping had seen several phases and from 1991-1992 he was mostly an average to below average keeper that is why when Rashid got his chance it became difficult for Moin to get in because he was that inferior to Rashid as a keeper and he had to wait till either Rashid was injured or not available due to other reasons. On his return in 95, he still was an an average to below average keeper in few games in 93-94 and most of 95. He was so bad that Kamran Akmal on his worst day would have been a better keeper than Moin was in those years.

It was Moin's mediocrity that Pak had to go back to Rashid in 96 and stick with him till Rashid won an ODI game with his batting (not according to the rumored plan) and Moin was called back as a keeper to send Rashid a message. This time around Moin was much much better with his glovework, still not as good as Rashid but improvements in his keeping was so good compared to pre 1996 moin that everyone loved it.

1997 happened and it was Pak's 50th Anniversary, PCB had organized a tournament consisting of Pak, SL, WI and SA and it was decided that PCB is not going to take a chance with Moin's keeping and want to make sure that keeping is in 100% secure hand. Thus Rashid was brought back in as a keeper and Moin played as a batsman and fielded in covers during that tournament.

Throughout 90's there was at least another factor that helped Moin and went against Rashid that does not get mentioned a lot so I will leave it out of discussion here.