• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DRS in Pakistan-England Series

Was DRS successful

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bring back Asoka De Silva

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This is the first time I have seen the DRS being used when spin has dominated and it has been fascinating to see the affect it has had on LBW decisions.

So do you guys think that it has been a success or were you annoyed that it always gave the marginal decisions in the bowlers favour.

And do you think that it will give the BCCI a new perspective because Indian strength has always been spin.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Play with your bat, not your pad.

Pleased more LBWs are now given to spinners. One thing Hawkeye has showed us is just how many balls go on to hit the stumps. Umps seem far more obliging than they used to be and fair play to them for that.

Bowden's a **** umpire whether standing or on 3rd duties still tho, but.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I have also found it really interesting that the captain now has to be the umpire as well. It really ads another excitement factor to test cricket. I don't know about the rest of you guys but whenever there is a review, my heart jumps right into my mouth. Really absorbing stuff.

Woodster

International Captain
No complaints with how it's worked this Test, but a lot of praise should be given to the onfield umpires, Steve Davis and Bruce Oxenford who got very little in this Test, they were outstanding, especially Oxenford - number one umpire in the making.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Wonder how many more wickets someone like Kumble would have got in his career if he was still around with DRS. Got umpteen appeals turned down on the front regularly when Umpires were more reluctant to give those too(with his straight and accurate bowling largely based on LBW's) . Bucknor in Sydney (and generally), and Koetzen when Kumble used to come in front of him and block his view come to mind straightaway.

Perhaps the BCCI would have been more willing to agree to it too(With/without hawkeye).:p

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Two instances when the DRS review taken is pointless:

1. The important Batsman/Captain who thinks he should stay despite getting a good decision from the umpire. Pieterson, Strauss, Misbah.

2. The fielding team doesn't take a review even though they should have and because of that they proceed to waste their reviews on the same batsman. Pakistan did this with Trott I think.

Any more?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It has worked very well again in this series bar the 2 mistakes Davis made in the 1st test and that was individual error not the technology. Can't see what India dislike about it.