• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your top 3 Test innings

HeavyBall

Cricket Spectator
This question may be as common as "Tendulkar vs Lara" one, but still worth discussing.

Mine are:

No.1 - Graham Gooch 154*:

I've seen loads of Tendulkars, Laras and Viv Richards, but NEVER seen such a high quality knock played by the three batsmen above. This by far the best.

No.2 - VVS Laxman 281.

This innings doesn't need an introduction.

No.3 - Lara 153* vs Australia.

Top quality knock, was very lucky to get dropped twice by Stuart Macgill and also got some good help from Walsh at the other end. But still a champion knock.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Laxman - 281* Kolkata
Sehwag - 200 odd Galle
Michael Clarke's 100 in the recent SA tour

Spark

Global Moderator
That I've seen:

Ponting 156, Old Trafford
Tendulkar 146, Cape Town (I think?)
Clarke 151, Cape Town

Kind of lame but those are the three that immediately stick in my mind that I've seen the bulk of (which, granted, cuts almost all the candidates)

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
Recent ones I can think of:

Michael Clarke 329* vs. India
David Warner 123* vs. New Zealand
Jacques Kallis 224 vs. South Africa

JBMAC

State Captain
That I've seen

Bradman 187 vs England 1946
O'Neill 181 vs WI 1960
Walters 155 vs England 1965 (On Debut)

If I sat down and thought about it I could probably come up with more but these will do

Honourable Mention Joint one Mackay/Kline last wicket partnership for Aus vs WI 1960/61 Series at Adelaide to save the Test

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's hard to pick my top 3, however I'd say the best would be the 158* I scored on a wet deck in Barbados in 1985. Facing the might of the Windies in the mid-80's wasn't easy, especially for an 11 year old.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
34* in the second innings coming in at number 3 out of 5 total in the team with the score 1/1 chasing down 62 a 10 over per side match. My finest hour. Many have criticized that the pitch was a road because it actually was an asphalt road but the bounce was pretty brutal. And also we had a rule where if u caught the ball with one hand after one bounce that was out.

Spark

Global Moderator
34* in the second innings coming in at number 3 out of 5 total in the team with the score 1/1 chasing down 62 a 10 over per side match. My finest hour. Many have criticized that the pitch was a road because it actually was an asphalt road but the bounce was pretty brutal. And also we had a rule where if u caught the ball with one hand after one bounce that was out.
:laugh:

Days of Grace

International Captain
This innings registered 16.14 on my ratings calculation, so it's up there, tbh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This question may be as common as "Tendulkar vs Lara" one, but still worth discussing.

Mine are:

No.1 - Graham Gooch 154*:

I've seen loads of Tendulkars, Laras and Viv Richards, but NEVER seen such a high quality knock played by the three batsmen above. This by far the best.

No.2 - VVS Laxman 281.

This innings doesn't need an introduction.

No.3 - Lara 153* vs Australia.

Top quality knock, was very lucky to get dropped twice by Stuart Macgill and also got some good help from Walsh at the other end. But still a champion knock.
was never dropped twice.

And lol @ good help from Walsh. He batted out an over or so.

Last edited: