• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Ishant Sharma be shown the door?

HeavyBall

Cricket Spectator
I get ROYALLY PISSED when people say that he is unlucky, unlucky, unlucky......

133 wickets in 45 Tests, average = 37.19 and strike rate of 65.2.

BALLS HE IS UNLUCKY!!!:@

Ishant, if you can't ****in take wickets.LEAVE.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta go for now, but unlike Sree I still think he'll improve and learn to pitch it up. Someday.

Xuhaib

International Coach
was a genuine prospect thought he will be a world beater one day now the only beating is what he has to endure himself. Hope he can do a Zaheer Khan style comeback as he is a pretty good bowler to watch when in form.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel for the guy, got an injury and been denied the operation and told to carry on playing. I'd rather judge him on a new batch of games after his operation and he is injury free.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
He's like Peter Siddle in a lot of ways. Game trier and has a "huge heart". Hope he turns the bend like Siddle too. Just needs some mass and a decent stint in county.

ganeshran

International Debutant
In b4 Teja.

He does need some time off. Seems to have all the ingredients but doesnt pick wickets. Couple of seasons in Ranji and county might do him good

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Really thought during India's tour of WI that he has turned over a new leaf but sadly that wasnt the case. ATM yes he should be dropped, hope he sort out his form and come back strongly

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta go for now, but unlike Sree I still think he'll improve and learn to pitch it up. Someday.
AWTA.

He probably needs a FC season under his belt first. And seeing as the Indian one is over now, should probably go and play somewhere abroad perhaps. Though it may be unlikely to happen, a County season might help him a lot too.

His seam position was always not the best, but it has deteriorated further now and he is not even getting the inward movement he used too. I think this could be perhaps down to the fact that he has gained in pace actually(Bowling above 140 regularly now). Which though in itself is a big a positive in a way, he still needs to adapt and adjust with.

The other obvious weakness is still the length which he bowls which needs to be fuller in some conditions. But a bigger one is that he isn't patient enough and gets frustrated too easily many times and thus try too hard to bowl the perfect ball and end up bowling pies. Many a times when he beats the batsmen or is "unlucky", you could see him feeling too sorry for himself.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think he panders to a lot of the ingrained prejudices that some cricket followers (myself included) have about seamers. He's tall, hits the deck and is sharp enough, so looks like he belongs in tests & gets labelled "unlucky" because of it. In reality tho the end product is sadly lacking.

Disagree with the Sreesanth comparison slightly; IMHO he's where Hilf was at the end of the Ashes. Needs to go away and rethink his MO. Like the big Tasmanian I think if he bowled fuller and attacked the the stumps a little more he'd look a much better bowler.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Show him the door and he'd still probably miss it.
Niiice.

I think he panders to a lot of the ingrained prejudices that some cricket followers (myself included) have about seamers. He's tall, hits the deck and is sharp enough, so looks like he belongs in tests & gets labelled "unlucky" because of it. In reality tho the end product is sadly lacking.

Disagree with the Sreesanth comparison slightly; IMHO he's where Hilf was at the end of the Ashes. Needs to go away and rethink his MO. Like the big Tasmanian I think if he bowled fuller and attacked the the stumps a little more he'd look a much better bowler.
Would agree with this. It's certainly unfair to call him on a par with Sree, who as far as I can see has never reached any sort of consistency across matches, let alone series, at any level.

Ishant has a lot more going for him, iirc he was one of the top wicket-takers in Test cricket last year (at a presumably expensive average), and from a player who's still relatively young I don't think he ought to be written off yet.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I like something about Sharma and I don't think I'm referring to the free runs he gave my favourite players last summer. Felt a bit more sorry for him than the rest of the clowns on his team when they imploded. But at the minute he's a waste of space. Back to the drawing board. Think Brumby is on the money, just for a change.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Niiice.

who as far as I can see has never reached any sort of consistency across matches, let alone series, at any level.
While he's certainly been crap for a long, long time. This is unfair on Sree, IMO.

In his first year in test cricket (2006), He had 35 wickets in 7 games @ 24.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Don't think my views on Ishant Sharma need repeating.

Truly a cancer on Indian bowling.