• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's Greatest Family?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Pakistan's cricket is on the rise again. In this feature Martin tells the story of the Mohammad family, who played a crucial role in the nation's cricketing development for 25 years.

Last edited:

Quaggas

State Captain
Fantastic article. Wonder how much this has to do with

(1) Relatively few people play cricket seriously (well, in most test nations) and
(2) The amateur era...

I have a cousin that made Natal, mostly because his dad pushed them like hell and because they went to Maritzburg. I think.

JBMAC

State Captain

Pakistan's cricket is on the rise again. In this feature Martin tells the story of the Mohammad family, who played a crucial role in the nation's cricketing development for 25 years.
Good read.Thanks. Always fascinating to read about family Dynastys in our game; from the Gregorys through the Darlings The Chappells and their grandfather ,Richardson, The Waughs to name but a few.:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Excellent read! I always felt that having a family excell at anything (sports, arts, a particular profession like being a doctor) was 80% due to the environment of that household being focused on that skill. A kid growing up surrounded with that skill, and having "experts" he can learn from, has a better chance of exceeding in that skill as well. The other 20% is that skill passed down in genes IMO.