Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O' Tendulkar please retire now

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Omg he's playing the odis... Oh the horror!
    Didn't know you could be slatted for simply playing and not taking breaks. Would've though criticism would have been the other way around tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    All India's ODI series these days are revenge, don't forget!
    nah.. they are only when they are played in India.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    I am with benchy and PEWS here. He should play if he wants to play. No one can ask him to retire if he is still enjoying being a cricketer (for whatever reasons). Now, if you think he is not good enough to be in the team, it is a totally different discussion. I think he is still easily among the better batters we have. I don't think it is he who needs to change, tbh.. It is just the attitude of everyone towards him that needs to change.. I mean, it was total BS that he ONLY fields at first slip if he needs to be in the slips when we already have an ATG slipper in Dravid there (no matter how indifferent his catching has been, recently).. And this whole thing about "will always bat 4, unless it is a NW ahead of me" is BS as well. I just happen to think it is more about others not being brave enough to go up to him and talk about these things than just him doing what he wishes to do at every point. Surely Fletcher or Dhoni should have the guts to go upto him and say "sorry mate, Rahul is our first slipper, and since you only field there at times, you gotta be 3rd" or ""sorry mate, everyone moves up one number due to Gautam's injury. So you are batting first drop""..

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    If you're good enough, you should be in the team. No point discussing it further. Not least because it's incredibly dull.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If you're good enough, you should be in the team. No point discussing it further. Not least because it's incredibly dull.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 7 years and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    So you are saying he should be dropped then because he isn't good enough? Controversial, but I respect your opinion.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    I agree with what Imran Khan said on Tendulkar....No one other than Tendulkar is going to decide when he has to retire... I think the reason he struggled on this tour is because he invariably came in at 20/2 and Tendulkar has never been at his best in those situations. And before the fanatics attack me, I don't mean that makes him a bad player or anything of that sort, its just that some players are at their best in different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    I agree with what Imran Khan said on Tendulkar....No one other than Tendulkar is going to decide when he has to retire... I think the reason he struggled on this tour is because he invariably came in at 20/2 and Tendulkar has never been at his best in those situations. And before the fanatics attack me, I don't mean that makes him a bad player or anything of that sort, its just that some players are at their best in different situations.
    overseas Dravid and Sachin batted at 5/1 and 10/2 always !!!

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin200 View Post
    overseas Dravid and Sachin batted at 5/1 and 10/2 always !!!
    Of course they have in a career span of 190 test matches.....he has batted under all conditions. All I am saying is that he has not been at his best in those situations.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Debris View Post
    So you are saying he should be dropped then because he isn't good enough? Controversial, but I respect your opinion.
    No, that wasn't what I said at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information