• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sum greater than the parts

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The current Indian team has no player from Rajasthan, the domestic champions two years running. What are other instances of no player from the domestic champions being considered good enough to represent their country at the time?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probs champions because all the other states had players unavailable due to international duties imo.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The current Indian team has no player from Rajasthan, the domestic champions two years running. What are other instances of no player from the domestic champions being considered good enough to represent their country at the time?
Sussex 5-10 years ago? Australia any time New South Wales don't win the Shield?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was going to say Lancashire last summer until I remembered that Anderson played about two games for them.

There must be several over the years. Glamorgan on the times they won the CC spring immediately to mind.

Jacknife

International Captain
I was going to say Lancashire last summer until I remembered that Anderson played about two games for them.

There must be several over the years. Glamorgan on the times they won the CC spring immediately to mind.
Wasn't Robert Croft playing for the 97 side and England at the same time.

Flem274*

123/5
Stretching the criteria a bit, Canterbury won the Plunket Shield last season with Young, Brownlie, Nicol and Bennett being the only current NZ players (and all fringe players at that).

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When Notts won it in 05 did they have anyone? Trying to think, Read wasn't part of the team at the time, Pietersen had left. I could be imagining it that Notts won though.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When Notts won it in 05 did they have anyone? Trying to think, Read wasn't part of the team at the time, Pietersen had left. I could be imagining it that Notts won though.
You're right - they had a few internationals though in Fleming, Younis Khan, Read, Gallian and Sidebottom, and I think Paul Franks played the odd ODI