• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pecking order for Australian quicks?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If all the Aussie quicks were fully fit, what should the pecking order be at the moment?

Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Pattinson
Harris
Cummins
Starc
Bollinger
Copeland
Johnson
Cutting

Am I missing anyone?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If all the Aussie quicks were fully fit, what should the pecking order be at the moment?

Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Pattinson
Harris
Cummins
Starc
Bollinger
Copeland
Johnson
Cutting

Am I missing anyone?
Reckon Johnson and Harris are 2 places too low in your list.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Siddle and then from there it's on form and we could and should be lethal.

stephen

Siddle and then from there it's on form and we could and should be lethal.
I really don't think I've seen quite so much talent to choose from. Even in our heyday, we'd pick McGrath, Gillespie and then a lesser bowler like Bichel, Kasper or Lee. It really does feel like we currently have five or six quicks at the moment who could be the leader of the attack.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It doesn't feel like that to me at all. It feels like we have a lot of bowlers who could be quite good but don't deserve to have an extended amount of time given to them if they lose form.

Son Of Coco

Yeah I agree. Bichel and Kasper would've probably been the leader of our attack if they were playing post McGrath. I don't think many of the guys who have just started their careers are potential leaders of the attack yet. They need some time to prove they can be consistent.

TumTum

Banned
I agree with OP list if we are going for selection, but my "potential on skill" list is:

Cummins
Pattinson
Harris
Bollinger
...the rest

Joao

U19 12th Man
Siddle = Pattinson
Harris = Hilfenhaus = Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood = Cutting
Copeland
Johnson
Bollinger

That's how I reckon the selectors see it now for test cricket anyway.

I personally still don't think Hilf is that good. Always seems to bowl a little too wide and short for me and might not look as good against a quality, in-form lineup.

This is how I'd do it. Harris only down because of his age and injuries. Still have him around though coz he is gun when on the field.

Siddle (assuming pitching it up is the norm and not an exception now)
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc (drooling of the prospect of him becoming Wasim like)
Hazlewood
Harris
Hilfenhaus

Daylight

The rest (poor Copes, rate the guy still)

Debris

International 12th Man
Cummins would be first picked for me if fit. He performed against the SA side, not these crap NZ and Indian sides. And in that test, he looked a far better bowler than Siddle. It was only one test but there were signs of greatness there that I have not seen in the other bowlers (maybe Pattinson). He is the bowler with the most improvement in him as well.

TumTum

Banned
Cummins would be first picked for me if fit. He performed against the SA side, not these crap NZ and Indian sides. And in that test, he looked a far better bowler than Siddle. It was only one test but there were signs of greatness there that I have not seen in the other bowlers (maybe Pattinson). He is the bowler with the most improvement in him as well.
Definitely. He was getting the ball to talk and the batsman were playing him very well, it was a great contest. Every over he bowled was fantastic. Siddle and Johnson on the other hand were **** (or made to look **** by good batting).

Shame he got injured, would of had a great summer.

Last edited:

social

Pattinson is no. 1 for me as he has everything - pace, skill, action, physique and attitude (obviously a **** and not the false variety like Johnson)

Whilst there is little doubt that Siddle and Hilf has improved exponentially, Pattinson is the first young bowler that I have seen in years (including McGrath) that has come into a year and led the attack virtually from the outset

Kid could be the next real superstar IMO