• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Flametree

International 12th Man
8.00 and not looking like we'll have any play today...

England fans can breathe easy - you'll still be number one at the end of the series as this miserable summer down here in Dunedin means we won't get more than a couple of days play. South Africa won't have the chance to win more than 2-0...

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Man speaks the truth. It is hammering it down in Dunners. Well not exactly hammering it down but it's wet.

SeamUp

International Coach
The weather prediction was for morning showers, then fine spells. Hopefully drainage has improved so we can maybe start around lunch time?

Woodster

International Captain
Gutted to hear that showers are around, was looking forward to watching at least the morning session tonight, judging by these reports there's little chance of that happening.

Flametree

International 12th Man
The weather prediction was for morning showers, then fine spells. Hopefully drainage has improved so we can maybe start around lunch time?
I think the weather forecast is wildly optimistic... can't even see down the end of the street it's so clouded in. Think Scotland in November...

I see the forecast for the next three days is fairly good, but if it turns out true it will be the first time for about 6 weeks we've had three decent days in a row.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
8.00 and not looking like we'll have any play today...

England fans can breathe easy - you'll still be number one at the end of the series as this miserable summer down here in Dunedin means we won't get more than a couple of days play. South Africa won't have the chance to win more than 2-0...
It's mostly been a great summer until the last few weeks. Better than the rest of the country, overall.

4 seasons in a day applies as well. We could have bright sunshine by 3.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's mostly been a great summer until the last few weeks. Better than the rest of the country, overall.

Ah you southerners. I know that this translates as 'there was one day I remember when we had sun and Auckland and Wellington had rain' :p

I used to say the same when I lived in Invercargill.

SeamUp

International Coach
Supposedly according CSA media manager there in Dunedin, if all goes to plan with weather predictions/locals, we could see cricket any time from 12pm local time onwards.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
It's been the ****test summer I can remember here in Wellington, except for Saturdays. Had relatively few club games rained off this year.

Flametree

International 12th Man

Dec-Jan were fantastic, but the last 6 weeks have been terrible. I judge these things based on how often I take my little lad to the paddling pool in Woodhaugh Gardens or the beach - we went nearly every day over the Christmas holidays, but have been just once since.

It is brightening and breaking up surprisingly quickly. However, it's not very warm and not very windy, so it may take a while to dry the ground. We'll need fairly proactive umpires.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not raining, lunch has been called early at 12 and I'm guessing without any further interruptions, play at around 1:30-2pm?

Interesting to see if the weather prompts any team personnel rethinks. De Lange instead of Tahir? I'd not expect so but it's a possibility. Also I'd say a bit of wet would mean Boult is a sure starter ahead of Ellis - and hope to win the toss and bowl. Who knows.