• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

James

Cricket Web Owner
This is where we want an old Eden Park pitch with no bounce that's low and slow IMO. They don't produce the best cricket, but they would give us the best chance of beating SA with our medium pacers and slow bowlers.

Why produce these hard pitches with good bounce. It's just playing into their hands I tend to think.

Days of Grace

International Captain
This is where we want an old Eden Park pitch with no bounce that's low and slow IMO. They don't produce the best cricket, but they would give us the best chance of beating SA with our medium pacers and slow bowlers.

Why produce these hard pitches with good bounce. It's just playing into their hands I tend to think.

We would never improve. We would be like Zimbabwe.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Preparing green tops for tests is ok feels funny preparing pitches that favour us for ODIs.

SeamUp

International Coach
Has Parnell done a bit of opening before?
Was given the gig for the first time for his franchise in our domestic one-day cup this year and got a hundred. Otherwise doubt anything else.

Technically correct, has the capability to maybe bat as high as 6 one day in the longer form.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Just watching Amla - I don't think the ball is coming on perfectly. But he is dealing with it well.

Mike5181

International Captain
They should interview John Wright after this game and ask him how he feels.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
nah, **** off your pathetic ****ing ****s.

****ing ****s. One of the most pathetic things to watch in world sports is new zealand trying to set a total in an ODI.

Jesus ****ing christ. Why why why?

****ing ****s. Just **** off. 12 off the over and then get out? What the **** is wrong with you? What did I do to deserve watching these ****ing ****s? They should ****ing pay me for watching you ****ing ****s.

USELESS ****ING ****S!!!
quality rant :laugh:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Kiwis need to get Roger Twose out of retirement. :ph34r:

But on serious note, how much you blokes miss players from the generation about 10 plus years ago like Flem, Astle, Mc Millan, Cairns, Parore, Nash, Allott and so on.
We may remember that era with slightly rose-tinted glasses at times - fact is there were plenty of times when teams including those players churned out scores like the one Flem quoted.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nah, **** off your pathetic ****ing ****s.

****ing ****s. One of the most pathetic things to watch in world sports is new zealand trying to set a total in an ODI.

Jesus ****ing christ. Why why why?

****ing ****s. Just **** off. 12 off the over and then get out? What the **** is wrong with you? What did I do to deserve watching these ****ing ****s? They should ****ing pay me for watching you ****ing ****s.

USELESS ****ING ****S!!!
:laugh: Amazing.

Mike5181

International Captain
We may remember that era with slightly rose-tinted glasses at times - fact is there were plenty of times when teams including those players churned out scores like the one Flem quoted.
Tbf most of those guys would walk into the current team we have. The opposition bowling attacks back then were a fair amount better as well.