• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Howsie

International Captain
I thought I was watching Tim Southee for a second when Andrew Ellis was dismissed, he wasn't in line or anything.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Rubbish. You must have missed a fair few odis then.
Nope. Have watched them all. Can't remember a more pathetic effort. The soft dismissals. The timidness. The lack of planning. It was all there.

Onto another topic, jeez, Parore is still looking good. Could still be out there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nope. Have watched them all. Can't remember a more pathetic effort. The soft dismissals. The timidness. The lack of planning. It was all there.
Tbf you say this near enough every time New Zealand don't bat well. Either they actually get slightly worse every single time, forever setting new lows, or you just over-react consistently.

Mike5181

International Captain
I don't know about first innings scores but this series is definitely up there as one of the most dissapointing. Probably not as bad as the Bangladesh one but our team looked promising a month ago and now we've been reduced to this.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Onto another topic, jeez, Parore is still looking good. Could still be out there.
In the last 5 years since I started watching again this is the worst. I am sure we have been dismissed for less - I remember a few failures in that tri series against SL and India. Those didn't bother me as much because we just failed. The whole strategy here was just as DOG says timidity personified. Only CDG asserted himself. And then in the end he looked outclassed against Steyn.

McCullum is exempted he played well

Nicol's inning in particular was unacceptable.