• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Per Cricinfo:
The end of another masterclass from Amla, he's set up South Africa for a series win here.

A little bit excessive, surely, given another team with less inept fielding would have had him out an age ago.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Should've got 300 surely, **** batting as usual FFS

Impressed by Nethula and McKay though, surely gets some turn does Nethula.

Mike5181

International Captain
I thought Nethula bowled quite well tonight. **** knows what we do with this team now though. Sinclair and Henry FTW.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Why does Nethula take 4-5 overs to get into his rhythm.

Anyway Nethula>Jeets but probably <NMac as he is not as economical.

Mike5181

International Captain
Still don't see the point of having Ellis in this team. Let Franklin have that allrounder role if he's only going to bowl three overs.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@Athlai
In some perverse manner (looking hard for a silver lining here) Nicol MIGHT have done him a favour by dropping Amla off his dirty slog. Because when he did pick him up it looked like a dismissal that could occur in a test match. He actually did him while Amla was trying to defend. So it was at that point started to think of him, just passingly, for a test start as well. I would not play him ahead of boult though unless it was really expected to be a bunsen burner. Typically when we have played two spinners in the sub continent in the last few years it hasn't spun that greatly for us (just for the opposition).

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Disappointing loss there from a strong position, when you've got the opposition needing 2 from 75 odd you'd generally back yourself to pull it off. Credit to SA for performing in a pressure situation.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Just these interviews from AB are really impressing me. So humble, yet determined to win. And not letting himself get ****y. Great insight into the game.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Totally forgot this was on. Came home to see SA cruising before turning over to the All Whites.

Bring on the Tests!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else now beyond worried about Tim Southee's credentials as an international player? I think he's suffering from playing when out of form as we don't have the depth to be able to send him back to domestic and get some proper bowling under his belt.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone else now beyond worried about Tim Southee's credentials as an international player? I think he's suffering from playing when out of form as we don't have the depth to be able to send him back to domestic and get some proper bowling under his belt.
Nah, will take 20 wickets at 20 in the tests :ph34r:

/fellasleepanddreamedwhiledribblingonthekeyboard

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yeah, and a well done to SA. Comprehensive victory in the series and must be fancying their test chances even more than before.

Mike5181

International Captain
One wicket @ 125 with an economy rate just under 7 is very average. If we had any decent bowlers waiting for a spot he would be dropped.