• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Briony

International Debutant
Come the Tests he probably won't be in the side as he's quite clearly beyond three superior seamers.
True but in any case I was talking about the difference between pace in tests and shorter forms in general. If there are pace-friendly pitches they should play him ahead of Tahir who hasn't been that impressive on balance.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes ! I was hoping it would be Jesse ahead of McCullum at 3.
ITSTL. If he bats in a fashion remotely similar to how hes been playing in the Plunkett Shield over the weekend this should be fun. And almost running out Guptill second ball. Dicey stuff Jesse...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think SA express pace helps them in these circumstances at all, and Botha is pretty unremarkable (now I've said that cue a 5-for)
Not a bad first over all things considered and Guptill's wicket. If he grabs a few more I'll know who to blame...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a good time to lose a wicket ...poor option Guptill, especially considering they'd already got a boundary off the over.

Briony

International Debutant
Guptill is a bit of an enigma, he averages 33 in tests with a scoring rate of 44 yet he bats like a madman in the shorter forms. Maybe he's circumspect to his detriment in the longest form.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is disgusting from SA. What the hell?

Good on NZ for absolutely capitalising on the piss they are being served

Briony

International Debutant

Maybe at least from their point of view it will show them they have a lot of work to do before the other two series in conditions which they haven't encountered for a while.

I'm not convinced that this is their best T20 team though; they seem to be experimenting a lot lately in limited overs cricket as they did against Sri Lanka.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sheesh, just 63 from the final 10 needed. Certainly proving me wrong that it was an even game at the break. Nice to see some trademark Ryder shots - he looks in excellent touch thus far.

Briony

International Debutant

It also illustrates the lottery nature of T20 cricket. The other day when Levi was going the kiwi attack looked bad beyond belief. Today it's SA's turn, though I don't think they're a great T20 attack anyway, especially sans Steyn.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder when South Africa are going to realise that even though there was a game once about three years ago in which Parnell swung the ball at high pace, the fact that he consistently bowls poorly in both domestic and international cricket isn't a coincidence. Let him chill in domestic cricket for a while until he demonstrates that he's actually good at it.