Cricket Player Manager
Page 269 of 273 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4083

Thread: ***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Maybe. I didn't watch SA's innings today, so I can't say for certain but you would think that they would have wanted a few extra overs with the new ball.
    I just can't see why they needed that many runs. They weren't going to lose the test, so the series result was never in jeopardy.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Such a good knock from Kane. How can you not love him?

Any ut00bs of Steyn's comments? Was classic.
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I just can't see why they needed that many runs. They weren't going to lose the test, so the series result was never in jeopardy.
    I think it was a stink declaration too and he got his just deserts when it ended in a draw. But from his POV - look at what Sobers went through when he made his infamous sporting declaration it tarnished his entire career,
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Edit: whoops
    Last edited by Jono; 27-03-2012 at 02:01 AM.

International Regular WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I think it was a stink declaration too and he got his just deserts when it ended in a draw. But from his POV - look at what Sobers went through when he made his infamous sporting declaration it tarnished his entire career,
    Tarnished his career? in WHO'S EYES? certainly not ours mate!!

Oh no doubt, and I completely support Smith (and Dravid in England in 07 and anyone else in a similar position) ensuring that they cannot lose the test before even attempting to win it.

But, and its a big but, I think the possibility of a loss was already out of the question considering the time left in the test. NZ would have had to get a lead and then take 10 South African wickets in one day's play. Impossible.
    Nah Jono, South Africa batted twice.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    I'm pretty satisfied with that result. Normally I'd be annoyed but the bowling attack of the South Africans was awesome. Definitely some of the best bowling I've ever seen but Williamson in particular did well tactically targeting De Lange and Duminy and just defending some lethal stuff from Steyn, Philander and in particular Morne Morkel today.

Tick for Williamson and Van Wyk.

Oh no doubt, and I completely support Smith (and Dravid in England in 07 and anyone else in a similar position) ensuring that they cannot lose the test before even attempting to win it.

But, and its a big but, I think the possibility of a loss was already out of the question considering the time left in the test. NZ would have had to get a lead and then take 10 South African wickets in one day's play. Impossible.
    I am not sure if I am reading this right - I am sure I have misunderstood. NZ were batting last and SA had finished their two innings.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Such a good knock from Kane. How can you not love him?

Any ut00bs of Steyn's comments? Was classic.
    I'm going to put the whole innings on youtube when NZC post the highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Nah Jono, South Africa batted twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I am not sure if I am reading this right - I am sure I have misunderstood. NZ were batting last and SA had finished their two innings.
    Lol Nah you read me right, I got confused

Anyway as for this game, well the lack of a quality spinner once again came back to bite SA, yes their pace attack is without doubt top class but pace isn't always gonna get the job done, the same thing happened to them against Pak in the UAE, and btw them commentators need to QUIT trying to compare them to our famous bowling attack of the 80s!!.. SA's is good like i said but lets not go over board now!! ,

As for NZ, well they tried thier best but their batting line-up just didn't have enough quality and i'm sorry but Vetorri just doesn't look dangerous anymore!!, Williamson done well today but he's not gonna get dropped four times in one day very often, so he should thank his lucky stars tonight , Gillespie picked up some wickets but to me he was way too expensive,

Looking ahead i can't wait to see Eng vs SA and also looking forward to NZ coming to the Caribbean!!..a series i'm VERY confident about tbh, especially if Taylor doesn't travel .

Banned
    Ross will tour

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Ross will tour
    Comms said he's having surgery today and is gonna have a pin in his wrist or something, you sure he'll be ready and match fit? .

Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    Gillespie picked up some wickets but to me he was way too expensive,

I am going to leave a message on the black caps web site telling him to bowl beamers at your opening bats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    Comms said he's having surgery today and is gonna have a pin in his wrist or something, you sure he'll be ready and match fit? .
    Cricket: Injury set to cost Taylor $1m - Cricket - NZ Herald News

New Zealand's next assignment is the tour to the West Indies, which starts in late June. Taylor should be well over the injury by then but won't have had as much leadup time as he would have wanted.

Thread Information