• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
fair enough to be speechless imo

and i guess richard did end up (only) making 117* but it's still the highest cause gayle's was out iirc haha
Ah interesting, apologies for the confusion. I was following cricinfo whilst watching the coverage on TV and cricinfo had him at 118. Either way, an amazing innings.

ajdude

International Coach
Ah interesting, apologies for the confusion. I was following cricinfo whilst watching the coverage on TV and cricinfo had him at 118. Either way, an amazing innings.
no no i was doing the same hahaha i thought he was on 118*, i dunno where that extra run came from actually

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
So perhaps Bracewell can easily bowl in the 140's but has (until now) pulled it back in search of accuracy - which has been working well for him.

Southee in the last match was hitting early 140's pretty often also.

So either these guys are upping their output levels or the speed ball radars here are generous. OR the ones in Australia are miserly.
I doubt the Australian ones are miserly, considering you regularly see Siddle, Starc and co touching 150 clicks. The commentators don't make a big deal out of that either, but the instant you see 150+ from a NZ bowler the whole country collectively jizzes their pants.

Heboric

International Debutant
I reckon he should be in the ODI set up aswell. SeamUP has been bigging him up for a while now.
True, but not on this tour, we need the ODI's to get the likes of Smith and Kallis some time in the middle before the tests start

Last edited:

Briony

International Debutant
I noticed that de Lange registered 152 with his second ball. Wonder if he could bowl faster off a longer run up.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
A bowler's run up is entirely for rhythm purposes, so past a point lengthening it has no positive effect. Short answer: I doubt it.

Mike5181

International Captain
Don't think i would make many changes to our side. It was just good batting by Levi.

Maybe CDG could drop out. I actually felt sorry for the guy tonight.

BeeGee

International Captain
I doubt the Australian ones are miserly, considering you regularly see Siddle, Starc and co touching 150 clicks. The commentators don't make a big deal out of that either, but the instant you see 150+ from a NZ bowler the whole country collectively jizzes their pants.
The NZ obsession with speed is ludicrous and misguided. The fastest bowler in each team was the WORST bowler in each team, and even when de Lange was being smashed for over 10 runs an over people were still spanking on about how fast he was bowling. :wacko:

I'm obsessed by bowlers who can actually control where they bowl the ball, get the ball to move and bowl with intelligence.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
What was Smithy suggesting with all seriousness after the game? Bring Ryder in for the one-off occasion...WTF?

Jesse has a first-class innings to play today, would require giving CdG one of the humiliating droppings in NZC history. Basically choppering in someone, not because of fitness (certainly not...) but because of talent!

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think it'd be humiliating. If you recall, the selectors only picked a side for the 1st two matches and were reassessing for the third.

And Colin is out of his depth at this stage. No shame in that, he'll go back and work on being a better player.