• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
somewhat annoying that Imran had the best chance yet to prove whether he can do what SA need him to, and he didn't play

Howsie

International Captain
Said 'I know that hurt but I'm not going to apologise' to Williamson. No one expects you to, it just seemed a dickhead thing to say. Apparently Steyn is a really nice guy so I'll allow him it, but it wasn't necessary.
For those wondering I had a drink after the game with Kane, he even had me sign his broken box! Haha! See, us quicks ain't that bad...
Dale Steyn on Twitter, WAG.

Mike5181

International Captain
Haha classic.

It was an awesome contest after that Peterson catch. I'd rather know what Mark Boucher said though. I bet it wasn't as nice as what Steyn said.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Its amazing how many times SA fails to finish the game in the 4th innings goes well with their hoke image.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Dale Steyn on Twitter, WAG.
Fair play to the lad. That's what I love about international cricket, that you can do that (compete hard on the field then have a jar afterwards)

Heard Murray Deaker pissing on about the fact there had been a captain's edict before the series to accept any catches that were borderline. That moron will make up anything to stir controversy.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of course he could. Keep the arm completely away from the bat and bat one handed. Given he may have only had to face a couple of balls in order to save the test; any of which may have not been needed to play at. Malcolm Marshall did it. Only if it were a matter of a few overs to see out and no more, but if he'd have done that and saved the Test, it would be an innings that would live long in the memory.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Stop running and take the bet or quieten the overconfident mouth.
Ohhh looks who's getting pissy :laugh: , it just doesn't make sense making bets when we've still got to play Australia and England first, if we get injuries it might actually make the NZ series a contest!! :D .

In all honestly it's gonna be a good series, and i expect it to be a battle, but i am confident that we will prevail in the end.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Ohhh looks who's getting pissy :laugh: , it just doesn't make sense making bets when we've still got to play Australia and England first, if we get injuries it might actually make the NZ series a contest!! :D .

In all honestly it's gonna be a good series, and i expect it to be a battle, but i am confident that we will prevail in the end.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree. I'd place the Windies as comfortable favorites at home judging the recent form of the two sides as well.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Agree. I'd place the Windies as comfortable favorites at home judging the recent form of the two sides as well.
If it was in NZ then it would be close but no doubt they have the edge at home. If they have anyone that can actually spin the ball and they make a turning track then that is an advantage and we will only have Dan to combat it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Philander to Flynn, OUT, Philander strikes! Flynn has to go back, he batted pretty well, short of a good length, angled in from round the wicket and nipped away just a hint, Flynn got back to defend, got a feather to the keeper as it went the other way
This is how he used to get out.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
MJ Guptill c JA Rudolph b M Morkel 18 (55)

DR Flynn c MV Boucher b M Morkel 0 (7)

BB McCullum lbw b M Morkel 0 (9)

KS Williamson not out 102 (227)

DG Brownlie b M Morkel 15 (46)

DL Vettori b M Morkel 0 (1)

CFK Van Wyk† c & b M Morkel 39 (80)

DAJ Bracewell not out 20 (59)

LRPL Taylor*

MR Gillespie

CS Martin

FOW: 1-1 (Flynn, 2.2 ov), 2-1 (McCullum, 4.5 ov), 3-32 (Guptill, 20.5 ov), 4-83 (Brownlie, 35.5 ov), 5-83 (Vettori, 35.6 ov), 6-163 (Van Wyk, 61.3 ov)

NZ's set for a Boxing Day and New Year Test apparently? Largely due to the "you never come to my house at the most profitable time!" grudge between Cricket SA and the ACB, but hey, thanks!

Last edited: