• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Usually I post a team of the series with the best players from each but can't think of any Kiwis who would crack the line up. Maybe Williamson at 6 instead of Rudolph - maybe. Maybe Gillespie instead of deLange.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The most satisfied I've been with a draw in a very long time. Fantastic from Kane, he really should bay at 3 from now on.

Tough luck for SA who were it not for the rain, would've won this series 3-0. I wouldn't be too hard on smith. If he'd declared much earlier he would've set New Zealand a target of about 330 off 90 overs. Even missing a batsman, that would be a very generous declaration.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Usually I post a team of the series with the best players from each but can't think of any Kiwis who would crack the line up. Maybe Williamson at 6 instead of Rudolph - maybe. Maybe Gillespie instead of deLange.
Williamson ahead of AB, who haas had an average series by his standards.

Flem274*

123/5
Did not expect to come home to a draw. Williamson WAG. Will we look back on this as the innings he cracked the big time? He literally gave his testicles for his country today.

South Africa only have themselves to blame. I feel for their bowlers, but **** fielding is **** fielding.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wonderful innings from Williamson. Considering how much SA were dominating him and the rest of the NZ side early in his innings that was some real fight and guts. Yeah some luck too but something that happens. Has had such an indifferent summer and had never really stepped up against a difficult bowling attack or in a difficult match situation, and now he has. Bracewell putting his name forward for genuine allrounder consideration too :p:ph34r:. I told you he just needs to get past that mental barrier of his first run.

I wouldn't be criticising Smith for the timing of the declaration - it's the fielding and field placements where SA should have done better. Still congrats to them on comprehensively winning the series.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
To those that watched today's play, on a scale of 1-10 how ********/soft **** was Smith's captaincy today? Or was it not his fault and purely the dropped catches + William's awesome knock which prevented the loss?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
To those that watched today's play, on a scale of 1-10 how ********/soft **** was Smith's captaincy today? Or was it not his fault and purely the dropped catches + William's awesome knock which prevented the loss?
It was right up there - a 9 for me for being a ******/soft ****.

Read my exchanges with Albidarned over the past page or two.

BeeGee

International Captain

No.2 side playing the No.7 side, NZ a batsman down and you have Steyn, Philander and Morkel in your bowling attack. If you're not going to push hard for a win in those circumstances, when would you?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Did not expect to come home to a draw. Williamson WAG. Will we look back on this as the innings he cracked the big time? He literally gave his testicles for his country today.

South Africa only have themselves to blame. I feel for their bowlers, but **** fielding is **** fielding.
Two rain assisted draws against SA - some progress for a NZ team that lost 2-0 to Australia not so very long ago (not the last tour - when they were over here).

Vettori with a series that he needs to bounce back from.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah just did. what about soft ****ness? Did he bat on too long?
Maybe. I didn't watch SA's innings today, so I can't say for certain but you would think that they would have wanted a few extra overs with the new ball.