• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If Chris Martin got out on the last ball of the day would it be a loss or a draw??
That's a hell of a question. I'd say draw.

As for where this innings ranks, right up there. Gutsy as hell, no matter what the circumstances with 1-0 down, dropped catches etc.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Played Williamson. Had five lives too many before he reached 20 but that was some knock.
South Africa only have themselves to blame. Smith should have given the bowlers the new ball option (more than 1 over!), they dropped numerous catches, de Lange was horrible and Steyn for the second time in the season goes missing in the 4th innings (Jo’Burg Aus). Awesome from Morne however.

Can just see from this over, the mistake of batting too long.

Howe_zat

Audio File
NZ to choke from here. 3 run-outs off no-balls to come

Edit - Called off. Negative stuff from Smith.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
I'm guessing they're planning on a 400 run lead. Personally I think SA already have enough and are being too conservative.
SA only have themselves to blame for not winning this Test.
First, their conservative declaration left them short of a few extra valuable overs to bowl NZ out.
Second, the dropped catches really cost them and were uncharacteristic.

SA have won the series, but considering how much they've dominated over the course of the series and that they are the no.2 side playing the no.7 side, 1 - 0 isn't a very impressive scoreline for them.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
:wacko:

Loss, no? :wacko:
Nup, they'd just claim Ross was going to bat. He's not legally bound to being in pads. Or is he? Really interesting one.

Don't go along with this 'SA declared too late' stuff. They dropped what, 5 or six catches including Williamson 3 or 4 times? And Duminy bowled 13 overs. Crazy.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Nup, they'd just claim Ross was going to bat. He's not legally bound to being in pads. Or is he? Really interesting one.
Ah, I see what everyone is on about.

I'd think it would still be a loss. They can't claim he was going to bat, surely.