• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Top series from Dan. Averaged sub 20 with the bat and 95 with the ball.
Yeah not good. I'd hoped he would score some runs which, coupled with his non-wicket-taking bowling would help to confirm his role in the team as batting allrounder.

I wonder how Vettori sees himself and his role in the team.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
C'mon NZ - just 2.5 hours of batting to go.

Wonder if Ross will come out if there is one over to go or something.
He's been in surgery today - not a chance in the wide world.

This Test will forever be known as the Nutsack Test, or it should be. Ridiculous. Although thought it was a bit weak of Steyn to say what he did to Williamson. One of your own team-mates has been to hospital for the same thing and you want to carry on like that..not a big issue but still pretty average.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah, I would go with "The Nutsack Test" tbh Steve. :laugh:

Amla's injury was as unique as they come. I mean blunt trauma to the groin after being hit in the nutsack.

Then Kane Williamson gets hit in the box flush!

We get the mean eyes of a fast bowler and....

Dale Steyn: " I am not apologising Kane, I am not apologising."

But the wierdest part was the third umpire Tony Hill wasnting to bring out a new box for Kane Williamson himself when there already was another box out there. :laugh:

What the hell is Tony doing with Kane's box and why was he so keen to get it out there haha

For some reason this test has been quite entertaining haha

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What happened? WHat did steyn say?
Said 'I know that hurt but I'm not going to apologise' to Williamson. No one expects you to, it just seemed a dickhead thing to say. Apparently Steyn is a really nice guy so I'll allow him it, but it wasn't necessary.

On a related note, I saw women's boxes for sale in a sports shop last year or so. They are hilarious. I tried to google image them but coulnd't find anything.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
O'Brien just starting to talk about the possibility of a draw on the radio - at 85/3 this was just starting to look like an outside possibility and then we lost two wickets.

I'm making this up but our last four wickets have probably only lasted an average of 40 deliveries this series. So basically one wicket and it's all over.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Is that Morkel back on the field? Looked like he fielded the ball on the boundary (have the sound off)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I can see that extra batsman working wonders. [/brokenrecord]
Now that they've brought Flynn back, Guptill has scored a few runs and they've said anyway that McCullum will stay at 3, I don't know how they will fit four non-Vettori bowlers in and I suspect for the Windies they won't.

Against the Windies we will be more able to compete on our own terms rather than relying on impact of four seamers. We can potentially outbat them in an arm-wrestle of a match whereas we were never going to do that v SA. So it would be less bad to keep Vettori at 8 for that series, though it's still not the direction I'd really like to see our team take.