• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:
Barry Richards: "They've got to get it leg-side to Franklin, where he's uncomfortable."

Followed by a massive leg-side six by Franklin.
Haha, terrible call from Barry Richards that; plus IIRC he hit the majority of his sixes against Zimbabwe at this ground just last week on the leg side.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, terrible call from Barry Richards that; plus IIRC he hit the majority of his sixes against Zimbabwe at this ground just last week on the leg side.
Reminded me of Ian Botham's effort, bemoaning how poor an off-side sweeper was as an option..'he's only there for a short wide long hop'..and very next ball a wide HV is deposited straight down that fielder's throat. Hilarious, and on youtube.

BeeGee

International Captain
Commentators these days don't actually do any research (or even watch cricket on TV apparently). He based those comments off the 3 offside sixes he had witnessed from Franklin, which is why he ended up looking like an idiot.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ugh. I want to stick up for CdG against all the criticism, but he's not giving me much reason to.
Yep horrible innings really. I imagine he'll get another gig in Auckland and he fails to make the most of that I struggle to see how hes going to maintain a place in the squad.

Six of a top edge from an offspinner...and then almost bowled. Interesting first over...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Reminded me of Ian Botham's effort, bemoaning how poor an off-side sweeper was as an option..'he's only there for a short wide long hop'..and very next ball a wide HV is deposited straight down that fielder's throat. Hilarious, and on youtube.
Yep I know the one, classic commentary moment - I think it was to dismiss Sanath Jayasuriya and Nasser Hussain in co-commentary was besides himself.

Gee Levi looks dangerous. Mills not opening up ITSTL.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Argh Bracewell doing a Parnell/de Lange and bowling leg side rubbish; great start for SA due to some rather average bowling from Dougie.