• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Athlai

Not Terrible
No more Nicol watch

Nicol + Guptill for the first wicket 35 runs from 4 innings
Flynn + Guptill circa 2012 32* runs from 1 innings

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And an opening stand of 30 against this bowling is worth a bit more against most other attacks. Regardless of how many more they put on today, I think we should stick with this pair for at least the WI tour.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Highest opening partnership for NZ vs. SA since 2006.

If they get 51 it'll be the highest since 1999.

Currently 14th best ever in NZ vs. SA from 73 innings.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
700 test career runs for Flynn now - surprised he's that high already tbh, I think I must have erased some of those tests he played from my memory.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Promote him to captain. Flynn :wub:

Never leave the team again.

Seriously. Willing to grind it out but still able to smash the bad ball. Willing to wear the ball when it's short. Has a facial expression that looks like he is constantly in pain.

What isn't to like?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Promote him to captain. Flynn :wub:

Never leave the team again.

Seriously. Willing to grind it out but still able to smash the bad ball. Willing to wear the ball when it's short. Has a facial expression that looks like he is constantly in pain.

What isn't to like?
Haha, very true.

I dislike his lack of Test hundreds, but he's hardly alone in that department in terms of NZ players. And hopefully he can change that pronto.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
You guys are jumping the gun a bit with this Flynn praise...

Oh, his 20's up now - raise your bat Flynny - you are the messiah! :notworthy