• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Flem274*

123/5
If you, y'know, ignore the fact that you're in Palmerston ****ING North.
Nothing wrong with Palmy. All it is is a university with a town square full of pubs and some houses surrounding it.

Cricket ground ideally situated as well. Ten minute walk from Massey, ten minute walk from the pub. What more could you ask for?

edit: and Palmy actually has proper roads and cycling lanes. Srsly, never biking in Wellington again.

Lovely city looking down on it from the top of a big hill though on a clear night.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Today looks ****ed.

edit: Next three days look good. Should be all the time bowlers on both sides need barring Smith/Taylor/AB/Vettori specials
Don't believe any Wellington forecast - I've been looking at that 10-day forecast frequently in the last few days and every day has seen every combination of sun, rain, cloud and wind forecast.

2:25pm start now. Might be just a smidgeon optimistic!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, edge past slips.

I have a feeling that SA's lesser batting lights are going to have their day this match. Petersen 100 coming up.

Meridio

International Regular
Omg, just felt some sun on my face. First time for about a week, don't think it will last though.

Judging entirely from cricinfo but sounds like we're bowling crud already. Vettori to bowl another 50 overs today then.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Omg, just felt some sun on my face. First time for about a week, don't think it will last though.

Judging entirely from cricinfo but sounds like we're bowling crud already. Vettori to bowl another 50 overs today then.
Tough into the wind obviously. We're just fighting a losing battle with three seamers and bowling first... /brokenrecord

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Showers about to arrive according to the rain radar - rain clouds look fairly broken up so there's still some chance we won't lose the rest of the day.

Briony

International Debutant
So SA lose ground on England if this series finishes 1-0.
Because they're a lot more highly ranked than NZ they would have had to wipe them 3-0 to at least gain ground, though they're playing away.

Certainly looks like they won't be winning 3-0 though England hardly distinguished themselves in their last outing.

NZ has a nasty climate.

Briony

International Debutant
The fourth seamer doesn't change how the first three seamers bowl in their first spell.
So far quite disappointing for the kiwis after bowling first on what was supposed to be a helpful pitch. Maybe as Smith though, the later start with a bit of sun on it meant that it wasn't the greentop that Taylor might have envisaged.

Petersen and Duminy seem to be doing ok but with no Amla in the second dig they'll probably go safety first.

Flem274*

123/5
Urgh, I know he isn't even in the side as a wicket taker at all, and hating his bowling is becoming the new in thing, but it's getting to the point where I don't count Vettori as a main bowler anymore. I'm starting to see this as a three man attack.