• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Outswinger123

Cricket Spectator
Dunno. You will have seen them bowl more than me but when I have seen Morkel and Steyn, they are bowling 140-145. Similar to Finn and Broad. Though they seem to have the ability to bowl a faster spell, mind. Just not all that often on my viewing of them v Aus, SL and now NZ.
Steyn clocked 152kph last test and Morkel 150kph. De Lange maxed 152kph in one of the games. Thats Finn speed sure. Broad and Anderson nope. They dont do it all the time sure but Broad and Anderson NEVER achieve those speeds. Finn seems to be a speed monster these day though. Reckon he could hit 155kph on a good day.

Outswinger123

Cricket Spectator
Dunno. You will have seen them bowl more than me but when I have seen Morkel and Steyn, they are bowling 140-145. Similar to Finn and Broad. Though they seem to have the ability to bowl a faster spell, mind. Just not all that often on my viewing of them v Aus, SL and now NZ.
Steyn seem to prefer within himself loves nothing better than to beat the bat with a 140kph late outswinger. He is almost reluctant to bowl fast he only does it when he has to. It frustrates the hell out of me. The upside is that like with marathon running you only got so many sub 2:10 marathons in you. Look at Dirk Nannes hardly bowled as a youth and clocks 150kph at 35.

Jacknife

International Captain
Steyn clocked 152kph last test and Morkel 150kph. De Lange maxed 152kph in one of the games. Thats Finn speed sure. Broad and Anderson nope. They dont do it all the time sure but Broad and Anderson NEVER achieve those speeds. Finn seems to be a speed monster these day though. Reckon he could hit 155kph on a good day.
I watched Finn bowl a over, where he hit 157kph, the whole over spell of 3 overs was around the 150 mark, fastest I've seen anyone bowl in a while, I think it was against India in England. Broad seems to have slowed his pace down a bit and become twice the bowler for it but he used to be faster and in one dayers he can get well over 140.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Broad and Anderson are capable, they just don't do it because they get much better control and much more movement when they slow it down a touch.

Mike5181

International Captain
The news is that Hashim Amla may not take any further part in this Test because of his injury yesterday. "Hashim underwent emergency exploratory surgery resulting from blunt trauma sustained to his groin region," South Africa's team manager, Dr Mohammed Moosajee said. "He spent the night in hospital and was discharged this morning. The surgeon is satisfied with the outcome and expects Hashim to make a full recovery, however, it is unlikely that he will be able to take further part in the current Test match at the Basin Reserve."

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I love the use of the term 'exploratory surgery' :laugh:. Not very funny for Amla of course.

If this weather continues this test match will be unlikely to take further part in this test match too.

BeeGee

International Captain
The news is that Hashim Amla may not take any further part in this Test because of his injury yesterday. "Hashim underwent emergency exploratory surgery resulting from blunt trauma sustained to his groin region," South Africa's team manager, Dr Mohammed Moosajee said. "He spent the night in hospital and was discharged this morning. The surgeon is satisfied with the outcome and expects Hashim to make a full recovery, however, it is unlikely that he will be able to take further part in the current Test match at the Basin Reserve."
Emergency exploratory surgery? What were they looking for?? Surely an ultrasound would have shown any internal damage without needing surgery? That's the weirdest thing I've heard.
Unless his ghoulies were completely mashed, of course.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hashim underwent emergency exploratory surgery resulting from blunt trauma sustained to his groin region

surely a top 10 sentence of all time

Flem274*

123/5
Rain to **** off tbh. No Amla and no Kallis; we have a chance if the batsmen can make 200 (har har). Those two love playing against us.

Meridio

International Regular
Just went on a diversion past the Basin on my way home, weather was looking okay then but it is feeling a bit gloomier now. Hopefully we get some play in.

Flem274*

123/5
Beautiful weather in Palmerston for cricket, with some nice cloud cover and humidity to help the swing bowlers. Nice and warm. Can't ask for much more really.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Beautiful weather in Palmerston for cricket, with some nice cloud cover and humidity to help the swing bowlers. Nice and warm. Can't ask for much more really.
If you, y'know, ignore the fact that you're in Palmerston ****ING North.