• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Made it down to the ground with 10 overs left before tea. Got charged the full $25 to enter the ground despite my negotiation skills. .
Or lack of them if you were still charged full price :p I remember trying a similar thing at the SCG a few years back & only being charged about $15

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@Zinzan yeah $15 would have been fair today expecially since we went off for bad light an hour before the close.

Had a good time on the bank. A guy walked by in a suit and people chanted the get your tie off song.

The crowds at tests are more respectful than ODIs however, at least compared to the 80s - I remember growing up at Seddon Park and woe betide you if you were a female and walked in front of the bank. Since i am remembering old times - I also remember there was a fellow who was taken away by the police for inciting the crowd because he tied an australian flag around his back and ran in front of the bank. About a 1000 cans were thrown at him and the cops came down on him really heavily and put his arm in a half nelson behind his back and roughed him up. Brutal stuff. Someone stood up for him and the cops dealt with him as well. Naturally as teenagers this turned us against the establishment for a couple of years.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have it on very good authority from a very reliable source that Hashim Amla has been in surgery at Wellington Hospital post today's innings for an operation in relation to his unmentionables.

Scaly piscine

New Zealand getting what they deserve for such a rubbish team selection. You opt to bowl first and you've got Vettori bowling the 14th over. Three seamers, one very erratic and another that is fairly erratic. Awesome.

Flem274*

123/5
I think he means Marto.

Wouldn't call him erratic myself. He usually puts the ball in the areas he wants nowadays, just before this season he put it in some defensive areas.

Mike5181

International Captain
It was the average bowling by Martin, Bracewell and Gillespie that forced Taylor into making ridiculous bowling changes.

Scaly piscine

I think he means Marto.

Wouldn't call him erratic myself. He usually puts the ball in the areas he wants nowadays, just before this season he put it in some defensive areas.
Has a high average and economy rate and tends to take his wickets in clutches. He's not as consistent as Bracewell but he's not as extreme as Gillespie either.

screamingfields

School Boy/Girl Captain
South Africa have a good team. In cricket. Players complimenting each other is very important. Not like one bowler saying I want every wicket which is very unlikely. Whether batsman or bowler. Oh and each cricketer has a visible limit. Sachin Tendulkar probably on the current run is the only player that has crossed ever limit with his reach. Visibly showing. Sachin Tendulkar himself wouldn't be here without his runner or batting partner.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
South Africa have a good team. In cricket. Players complimenting each other is very important. Not like one bowler saying I want every wicket which is very unlikely. Whether batsman or bowler. Oh and each cricketer has a visible limit. Sachin Tendulkar probably on the current run is the only player that has crossed ever limit with his reach. Visibly showing. Sachin Tendulkar himself wouldn't be here without his runner or batting partner.
Deep.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Are we going to witness the quickest test attack since Marshall, Patterson, Bishop & Ambrose?
For a start, that quartet - if they ever played together - are a hell of a lot quicker than SA's current crop. Wasim, Waqar and whoever bowled with them would be quicker. Even Finn, Broad and Anderson aren't too far shy on pace of SA. If at all. Aussie's current crop are all 140+ as well.

In a word, no, I don't think so at all.

Outswinger123

Cricket Spectator
For a start, that quartet - if they ever played together - are a hell of a lot quicker than SA's current crop. Wasim, Waqar and whoever bowled with them would be quicker. Even Finn, Broad and Anderson aren't too far shy on pace of SA. If at all. Aussie's current crop are all 140+ as well.

In a word, no, I don't think so at all.
Steyn, Morkel and De Lange are all genuine 150k+ bowlers. Not all the time but yeah they are genuine RF as opposed to RFM. Wasim, Waqar and Shoaib a match for sure. Finn RF Broad and Anderson RFM never seen them bowl 150+ maybe 147 max. on a good day.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Steyn, Morkel and De Lange are all genuine 150k+ bowlers. Not all the time but yeah they are genuine RF as opposed to RFM. Wasim, Waqar and Shoaib a match for sure. Finn RF Broad and Anderson RFM never seen them bowl 150+ maybe 147 max. on a good day.
Dunno. You will have seen them bowl more than me but when I have seen Morkel and Steyn, they are bowling 140-145. Similar to Finn and Broad. Though they seem to have the ability to bowl a faster spell, mind. Just not all that often on my viewing of them v Aus, SL and now NZ.