• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Seriously how can you give that out? :wacko:
- Smith didn't refer it straight away
- van Wyk went ape**** straight away
- The original decision was OUT

Are the only 3 things that came to mind. Obviously the footage of the ball clearly missing that bat was not enough to overturn it.............

:wacko:

Howsie

International Captain
The less said about that session for New Zealand's concern the better, horrible stuff.

Bah, you might as well bring Williamson on. Just as many wickets as Vettori during this series and at a much better average.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Or you could think these conditions are the best for bowling, so you can get SA out quickly and make the runs in the fourth innings with the best possible batting lineup..

Who really cares if the three seamers are tired after after the match, not like it's a back to back Test.

I'm really happy with the XI.
Heh, we're going to have to agree to disagree. NZ are the weaker team so to have any chance need to get on top early and put the opposition under pressure. Unless it's an absolute bowlers' paradise (this isn't) chances are SA will enjoy our three-bowler+Vettori attack and they'll be the ones putting us under pressure. So we're going to be playing catchup and we're not good in that situation.

We've picked a batting side so our plan should be to score 400+ * batting first and that always puts the other team under pressure, no matter who they are and what the conditions are like.

* chance of that actually eventuating is another thing entirely

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
We deserve to lose. Winning the toss and bowling - yet Vettori and Brownlie operating in tandem within the opening session. Wow, the intensity !!!!! Amla and Alviro must be wilting under this pressure.

So soft, so defensive.

My telly has just gone off. This isn't worth anyone's time. Somebody text me when the Test Cricket starts again.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Some quick figures on everyone's favourite team selection topic - Vettori.

Since start of the 08/09 season (yes, arbitrary but last four years is a reasonable time frame) against only Aus, Eng, SA, Ind, Pak, SL, WI

Batting: 1426 runs at 39.61 with 4 hundreds (plus a 96 and a 99)
Bowling: 73 wickets at 37.84 with 2 five-fors

Fairly clear to me what his role in the side should be based on that. We shouldn't be moving him down to bat at 7 just because none of our bowlers can bat properly.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Heh, we're going to have to agree to disagree. NZ are the weaker team so to have any chance need to get on top early and put the opposition under pressure. Unless it's an absolute bowlers' paradise (this isn't) chances are SA will enjoy our three-bowler+Vettori attack and they'll be the ones putting us under pressure. So we're going to be playing catchup and we're not good in that situation.

We've picked a batting side so our plan should be to score 400+ * and that always puts the other team under pressure, no matter who they are and what the conditions are like.

* chance of that actually eventuating is another thing entirely
If you bowl this **** you don't really deserve to win. But a draw could be handy.

Anyway it's just one session. Get Amla out and the rest could crumble.

EDIT - In saying that, I generally think it's better to bat first too. I logged on and saw a wicket off the second ball that I had started watching so I thought the conditions were bowler friendly.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol...Barry Richards is having a field day in the comm box this tour. His cynical comments & constant giggling to Smithy is kind of amusing.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
GillesPies!

No ball!!!

E: Or not. Would have been a bit harsh reversing that one. You couldn't really tell whether the heel was grounded over the line or just in the air.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, Is that two wickets the 3rd Ump has gifted us now? :p Surely Gillespie cut the line then.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Made it down to the ground with 10 overs left before tea. Got charged the full $25 to enter the ground despite my negotiation skills. Watched Dean Brownlie get smacked around. He is actually quite quick to the naked eye - even if he is a trundler by international standards.
Great catch by Kruger off Gillespie even if he was suppossed to take it.
Duminy looked shaky with his cover drive and it seemed to be technically not as solid as other players I have seen.

Peeved we came off for bad light when it didn't seem that bad to me.