Page 151 of 273 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4083

Thread: ***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    He seems vulnerable to that delivery that comes back in - I would focus on that weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Starting to get pretty furious with the anti-udrs talk from Smithy.

ffs without udrs you don't get a Hobart victory. No one cares about the magic of the moment if they're on the wrong side of the moment you ****s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

^I thnk the point they are making is UDRS is ok - but the umpire initiated reviews of no balls sucks - and I agree.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Not going to see much, if any more of this test over the weekend. Good luck kiwis.

Dougeh, what a find. 3/53 on a flat pitch against these ****s.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    ^I thnk the point they are making is UDRS is ok - but the umpire initiated reviews of no balls sucks - and I agree.
    Yeah it's not fair on bowlers to allow them to unknowingly bowl marginal no-balls then pounce on them for it only when they take wickets.
    Exit pursuing a beer

School Boy/Girl Captain ch00baka's Avatar
    Does anybody else think that Trent Boult looks like Beetlejuice?
    Scott Styris > You.

Even if we don't win this test - I think we have done ok - with Brownlie back it would make a MASSIVE difference. You can't carry a passenger, Nicol, in a test match. I have found at club cricket level that replacing a liability with a strong player lifts the team immeasurably. The liability actually not just adds no value but actually hurts the team either through poor bowling or by throwing your number 3 into the fray in the 3rd over of the game.

After saying all this watch Nicol ton up in the second dig and turn everyone into his fanbase.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Just checked the score which was so predictable. It's often possible to compete against quality sides in the first innings; it's the second innings which is the real killer. I suppose that is the basic point of test cricket.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Starting to get pretty furious with the anti-udrs talk from Smithy.

ffs without udrs you don't get a Hobart victory. No one cares about the magic of the moment if they're on the wrong side of the moment you ****s.
    I can tell you with the utmost assurity that the players hate the DRS in terms of the predicted paths.

If Smithy is banging on about the magic of the moment, then he needs to lay off the hot dogs (he needs to anyway). But the predicted paths often bemuse me.

There's been one both ways in this game, in my opinion. Tahir had a shout reviewed on Vettori that looked nothing like it was going as far down leg as it showed on DRS. In fact when I saw it live and slowed down I thought it was hitting middle and leg, leg at worst. Then the Rudolph one, which managed to be an in-swinger to him which magically pitched outside leg and straightened to hit middle.

Rudolph even started walking off when he saw it and the fact Doug hadn't overstepped. Dar was bemused as well.

what has gone wrong with Southee? He is pants now. Sad really. Philander is gotta be lickin his lips now. Get rid of BMc, Taylor and Vettori and the game is won.

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Williamson is another one who cannot afford to keep underperforming - honeymoon period is over and he needs to start making significant contributions.
    His game looks to have regressed for mine, especially his game against the spinners. He's also become very loose outside off-stump recently too, infact I can't remember a single ball he left during his innings yesterday, he was trying to play at everything. That probably just comes down to playing so much limited overs cricket recently though, I hope so anyway. But yeah his play against spin in the last 6-12 months just doesn't look as fluent as it once did.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    I can tell you with the utmost assurity that the players hate the DRS in terms of the predicted paths.

If Smithy is banging on about the magic of the moment, then he needs to lay off the hot dogs (he needs to anyway). But the predicted paths often bemuse me.
    People who are often bemused by the predicted paths often bemuse me because their usual justification is "Oh, it looked to me like it was going further down leg than they predicted" without really taking it any further. Beyond "Oh, it's just me gut telling me what's what" how can you justify it? The prediction of the path is done using computations and tracking. It's no doubt been tested to be accurate in a lab & in the field. It's probably subject to scrutiny, there are 2 providers, I would assume if one were inaccurate the other would should it from the rooftops.

What's your counter to that? This isn't a religious discussion where gut feel, faith & belief can be used as a valid argument.

Mine is that they're using it. As inept as the ICC is, they wouldn't just chuck a totally unproven system into the mix without trials & data.

International 12th Man
    My counter to it is simply that the players don't rate it. Their opinion holds more weight than mine. Read the papers tomorrow.

My counter to it is simply that the players don't rate it. Their opinion holds more weight than mine. Read the papers tomorrow.
    They obviously don't understand it then.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Does that mean BCCI understands players more than anyone else?
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

Thread Information