• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Flametree

International 12th Man
Make the top three apologise to the fans as they leave the ground.:ph34r:
To be fair to him, it's hard to bame Nicol. He was never good enough, was not in any sudden great run of form, and should never have been placed in the situation....

Which opener in domestic cricket has the best record this year?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair to him, it's hard to bame Nicol. He was never good enough, was not in any sudden great run of form, and should never have been placed in the situation....

Which opener in domestic cricket has the best record this year?
Yeah agree - Nicol's a likeable enough guy and he's welcome to attempt to slap the ball around in limited overs - it's the selectors at fault.

B) None of them

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
For the 3rd test.

Cant go any worse

1. Flynn
2. McCullum
3. Brownlee
4. Taylor
5. Williamson/Guptil
6. Vetorri
7. Watling
8. Bracewell
9. Boult
10. Gillespie
11. Martin
Flynn should open for ND before opening for the BCs. At a stretch could bat 3 for NZ imo.

Hate the idea of Guptill in the middle order.

Van Wyk > Watling imo, especially when we're 130/5

Gillespie (Y) and Arnel (N) are good selection guides we've picked up from this match.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For the 3rd test.

Cant go any worse

1. Flynn
2. McCullum
3. Brownlee
4. Taylor
5. Williamson/Guptil
6. Vetorri
7. Watling
8. Bracewell
9. Boult
10. Gillespie
11. Martin
You'd be crazy to drop van Wyk. I think he's been one of the few to show resolve & mental toughness.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, Dion Nash on the radio just described his one tour of South Africa as 'I don't remember much of it, it was a bit a haze' :laugh:

Flametree

International 12th Man
Dion Nash is talking to Neil Manthorp on radio sport.. Neil asked him his favourite grounds around the world... after Lords, and Adelaide Oval, Dion stopped. Neil asked "any in South Africa?", to which Dion replied "well I only had one tour of South Africa and it all went by in something of a haze..."

Spark

Global Moderator
Steyn seems to be trying pretty hard to the magic ball. Either that or he's developed a sudden liking for leg stump.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dion Nash is talking to Neil Manthorp on radio sport.. Neil asked him his favourite grounds around the world... after Lords, and Adelaide Oval, Dion stopped. Neil asked "any in South Africa?", to which Dion replied "well I only had one tour of South Africa and it all went by in something of a haze..."
:sneaky2:

Spark

Global Moderator
To NZ batsmen you can afford to bowl like that, we're not great at putting bad balls away.
Was the other thing I was gonna comment on. Leg stump half volleys need to be put away convincingly - if not for four, at least make the fielder work for it. They've had plenty of chances and have instead managed to pick up a four at third man, lose a wicket and eke out some singles. That's just letting pressure build.

And Williamson looks ****ing awful when he defends shortish balls miles outside off like that.