• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Flem274*

123/5
Lead over 100. We're ****ed.

Was watching at the pub after uni. Southee wtf. Packed offside field, slow pitch, hey I know, bowl two crap bouncers in a row.

Mike5181

International Captain

Was watching at the pub after uni. Southee wtf. Packed offside field, slow pitch, hey I know, bowl two crap bouncers in a row.
Smith and the other commentators were saying earlier that he's possibly bowling for his place in the side.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Funny enough they were Southee's two best deliveries to Kallis as he wasn't in control on either of them. Better that tactic to Kallis than the pitched up half volleys he just sent down.

Good smart batting by these two. Pitch is pretty lifeless, so 300+ is a must.

Flem274*

123/5
They have enough now to have us 5 down if they bowl well. Our batting totals aren't based on the pitch, they're based on what Taylor and Vettori score.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
During the ODI series Radiosport NZ said Nicol could play for NZ in test cricket on bowling alone.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Where's Briony when you need a laugh? "This match is totally in the balance. South Africa have dug themselves a hole which I don't think they can get out of. Definitely the momentum is with the Black Caps."

Although not many kiwis hear to try and rattle.

Howsie

International Captain
Three things; I’ve never Kallis look this bad (improved in the past 15 minutes), Trent Boult has bowled proper filth this test match and Ian Smith has really let himself go. South Africa 300 runs away from a defendable total here.
Little harsh. He was rubbish during the first innings but I reckon he's been pretty good this innings on what is a rather dead pitch. He's at least managed to go past the bat a few times.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well this is a sadly predictable way for the day to progress and with De Villiers still in the hutch this is going to be a BIG total.

Just want to see NZ continue to apply as much pressure as possible, hold any catches and not give up, even though the game is gradually slipping away.

Mike5181

International Captain
Are the commentators tallking up Mitch as an option for Hamilton?
Nah, just noted Southee probably isn't safe anymore. I'm sure Doull was going on about Tarun Nethula.

EDIT: Actually Smith just said we might see Mitch in the next two weeks.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Little harsh. He was rubbish during the first innings but I reckon he's been pretty good this innings on what is a rather dead pitch. He's at least managed to go past the bat a few times.
Yes, he has bowled better since lunch. Pace is up as well.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, just noted Southee probably isn't safe anymore. I'm sure Doull was going on about Tarun Nethula.

EDIT: Actually Smith just said we might see Mitch in the next two weeks.
Commentators 8-) Yes there's aaallways some amazing player around who, if playing this match, would be the solution to all our problems.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Mitch has a terrible batting record.

Having two guys averaging 5 or below in a team is bad news.
A) Pretty irrelevant. Southee is batting like a goon for one, and secondly he's not picked for his runs - he's picked to contribute to the taking of 20 wickets. The way Boult has batted at Test level, he could go up to nine and Mitch to 10. Yes you want contributions but it's only an argument that crops up when the top order is failing.

B) He can bat, he's actually very gritty when he wants to be. Made 35 in that innings last week where apart from Hopkins' 130, no one made moer than about 10. Gutsed it out for about 100 balls from memory.

Harsh on whoever criticised Boult, he's been pretty good today. Beaten Kallis quite a few times.