Cricket Player Manager
Page 103 of 273 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4083

Thread: ***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    van Wyk should play even if Watling plays tbh.
    Kruger may want to prove a point, it was a young AB de Villiers who kicked him out of our Titans domestic side when AB was 19! AB had to open and keep wicket to get into the side for 4-day cricket. Talk about tough!

Funnily enough Kruger went to the school Affies and its the same school AB, Faf, Heino Kuhn (all same year) and Jacques Rudolph went to.

Kruger is 32 this year and Rudolph is 31 so they must of played at school together and obviously for the Titans.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 05-03-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Looks like we're going for four seamers and Vettori. Puts a lot of pressure on our batting.

I have a feeling that Philander's already freakishly low average might go down a touch in this series.

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    Went to the South African training today to do some net bowling. Must say those quicks are pretty bloody intimidating up close. All seemed to be great blokes though - Dale Steyn in particular. Must be great for their batsmen to face such a challenge in training, surely makes a lot of other international bowlers seem fairly pedestrian.

Nice ploy by the Kiwis to play down south first up. The most southern Test ground in the world? Damn cold!

Slipper fingers beware!

Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    Went to the South African training today to do some net bowling. Must say those quicks are pretty bloody intimidating up close. All seemed to be great blokes though - Dale Steyn in particular. Must be great for their batsmen to face such a challenge in training, surely makes a lot of other international bowlers seem fairly pedestrian.
    Good to hear Must have been good fun.

Haven't seen Marchant close up but he does to look to have broad shoulders!

Propose to James that your "Cricket Spectator" title be upgraded immediately.

I have to say I've often wondered what Dale Steyn was like in real life. He seems so angry on the field that I thought some of this must surely carry over into his non-playing persona. But I've never met him so it's nice to hear he's actually a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiviktor81 View Post
    I have to say I've often wondered what Dale Steyn was like in real life. He seems so angry on the field that I thought some of this must surely carry over into his non-playing persona. But I've never met him so it's nice to hear he's actually a good guy.
    When they toured here last Neil Manthorp was commentating on the radio and he described him as probably the most down to earth member of the team who came from a less privileged background than most of his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    When they toured here last Neil Manthorp was commentating on the radio and he described him as probably the most down to earth member of the team who came from a less privileged background than most of his teammates.
    That's doubly interesting since he's probably the best player in the team, if not the world, at the moment.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Dale Steyn respect++

I expect the Test series to go something like this

Dale Steyn at his best!!!!!! - YouTube

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiviktor81 View Post
    I expect the Test series to go something like this

Dale Steyn at his best!!!!!! - YouTube
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Tim Southee has got the nod after a blistering spell in the nets supposedly. So as you were from Hobart and Napier for the Kiwis.

I think the SA XI is also pretty much known before the test starts.

One thing is for sure, swing bowling will be the 'order of the day' for this test match.

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    Tim Southee has got the nod after a blistering spell in the nets supposedly. So as you were from Hobart and Napier for the Kiwis.

I think the SA XI is also pretty much known before the test starts.

One thing is for sure, swing bowling will be the 'order of the day' for this test match.
    Good. I like the balance of the Napier team.
    I like Tim Southee and think he is a good bowler. It will all click for him one day. I don't think he should be punished for poor white-ball form in the last few matches.

It will be a really good test for the (mostly young) NZ attack. South Africa are really really good. I'm really looking forward to it.

Was listening to Craig Cumming on the weekend when he was guest commentating with Kevin Hart during a Plunket Shield match. Snippets;
    - it doesn't always swing that much in Dunedin, because it is sometimes just too cold/cool
    - the University Oval pitch is a totally new block. Not just relaid. Moved 20m north in March or April last year when the ground was expanded after demolishing the wing of the Art Gallery. It has only had 2 FC games since then. A bit of an unknown really.

Thread Information