• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quinton de Kock

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
19 years old, averaging over 60 after 12 FC games (in SA - very tough to do). Reportedly very talented.

Another future SA batting gun? Could he replace Smith as the next longterm test opener/captain?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
19 years old, averaging over 60 after 12 FC games (in SA - very tough to do).
Actually it's quite easy to do because they give their three-day glorified park cricket First Class status for historical reasons.

He's played two proper franchise games in First Class cricket for 41 runs @ 14.

Not saying he isn't promising - everything I've heard about it does indeed suggest he's a bit of a prodigy/gun - but lets not pretend he's been killing it a high standard First Class because he hasn't. Yet.

I'll also add that he's a wicket keeper; something yet to be mentioned. More likely to be Boucher's long-term replacement than Smith's.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
^^ Ya but its time to start giving chances to youngsters. Boucher's batting has been scratchy off late and he dropped some easy chances too

Howe_zat

Audio File
His name is too good not to make it.

I've always liked de Kock, you know. Of course, de Kock will have to be handled pretty well in order to get up there.

Jayzamann

International Regular
His name is too good not to make it.

I've always liked de Kock, you know. Of course, de Kock will have to be handled pretty well in order to get up there.
Don't want de Kock getting too rigid. It takes time to get balls in the slot.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If SA want to make this relationship work, they'll have to take turns with the keeper being de Kock on occasion and the Heino on others.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Actually it's quite easy to do because they give their three-day glorified park cricket First Class status for historical reasons.

He's played two proper franchise games in First Class cricket for 41 runs @ 14.

Not saying he isn't promising - everything I've heard about it does indeed suggest he's a bit of a prodigy/gun - but lets not pretend he's been killing it a high standard First Class because he hasn't. Yet.

I'll also add that he's a wicket keeper; something yet to be mentioned. More likely to be Boucher's long-term replacement than Smith's.
Fair enough, I only made the thread for penis puns anyway tbh

Briony

International Debutant
He appears to be the standout in Under 19 cricket atm.

Dominated England and made two tons in the Pak/Zim tri-series, including 146 in the final.

Stiff not to be replacing Boucher, obviously considered not quite up to it yet.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He appears to be the standout in Under 19 cricket atm.

Dominated England and made two tons in the Pak/Zim tri-series, including 146 in the final.

Stiff not to be replacing Boucher, obviously considered not quite up to it yet.
If he's only played two franchise games and done nothing then he definitely shouldn't be in the Test frame yet.

Flem274*

123/5
When I saw TH post in this thread, I thought that in the absence of a Sobers or Vettori rant opportunity, he was going to make a post about de Kock's height.

Disappointed tstl. Lift your game if you want to remain a cult figure ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When I saw TH post in this thread, I thought that in the absence of a Sobers or Vettori rant opportunity, he was going to make a post about de Kock's height.

Disappointed tstl. Lift your game if you want to remain a cult figure ****.
:laugh: