• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Espncricinfo Awards 2011

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke's knock was excellent but far from chanceless, I remember Steyn making him look like a bit of a muppet early on.
Didn't actually offer a chance though.

Don't really have a problem with Tendulkar's 146 getting it. Do think the 151 was better but we're comparing two seriously high-quality innings here.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
I thought Clarke's knock was one of the best in recent times. He came in with the score at nothing, plenty of wickets down, against a world class bowling attack, and in very good bowling conditions, yet still managed to score 150-odd at close to a run a ball. He managed to score more runs than the entire second and third team innings combined. The only thing it lacked was that his team lost (no thanks to the ineptitude of the other batsmen, which is hardly his fault).

Spark

Global Moderator
Preaching to the choir etc.

Honestly though, I don't think this will matter to anyone, really. Those who saw Clarke's knock and rate it higher aren't about to change their minds based on this (and the people's choice poll... hahaha)

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Preaching to the choir etc.

Honestly though, I don't think this will matter to anyone, really. Those who saw Clarke's knock and rate it higher aren't about to change their minds based on this (and the people's choice poll... hahaha)
Don't think they've realized that cricket is played between non Asian teams.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea clearly, they need upstanding fair minded people like you to educate them about cricket and voting without home-team bias.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doug! Really happy to see that.

Great to see O'Brien get the award too, although that was the obvious choice.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, Wahab Riaz should have got the ODI bowling, seems like they don't really put much importance on WC performances.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Doug! Really happy to see that.

Great to see O'Brien get the award too, although that was the obvious choice.
Yeah, genuinely awesome innings. It would've been great no matter who played it, but for a chap from an associate it was unworldly.

Bracewell's spell ranks pretty high in the awesome stakes too. Both got my votes anyway.

Zinzan

Pleased for young Braces. Some consolidation for being robbed of the MOTM award in Hobart too.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Some great innings last year. Would probably go for KP at Mumbai or Mehala at Galle. Can't decide for now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
KP at Mumbai. Faf's was just inspirational and Amla's at Perth was sheer dominance, but KP's was something else. You should not have been able to play that innings on that pitch.

_Ed_

That's an amazing group of batting nominees. I don't expect them to go anywhere near winning against some of those monster knocks, but thrilled to see Taylor and Williamson get mentions - two of NZ's best Test innings in a long time, so it's great to see them get that recognition.