• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fastest to 100 Test Wickets Since WW2

Bouncer

State Regular
Now couple of years ago I looked at stats when asif was challanging 100 wicket in less than 20 games, and I cant remember exactly what I found if there was another bowler post WW2 other than Waqar Younis who got to 100 wickets in around 20 games.

But right now, Ajmal is at 93 wickets in 18 games.

Bouncer

State Regular
So if he gets 7 wickets in next game, he would be the first spinner since AL Valentine since WW2 to get there in less than 20 games and the first spinner to get there on un-covered wickets.

Interestengly, AL Valentine took 100 wickets in 19 games but his next 17 games got him only 39 wickets.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I guess this where fans of Shane Bond are meant to cry into the beer one more time (18 Tests, 87 wickets @ 22.09).