• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will this kid play for England?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's another discussion here about the wisdom of developing, and hard-wiring, shots such as that reverse-sweep and the hook/pull/shovel (which is way off balance) at such an early age - how easy will it be for him to adjust that technique to a more reliable approach when the bowling begins to demand it?
Yeah I agree with this. Actually, given how early he was ready for the pull shots I wouldn't be surprised if he was told they were coming. He looks decent for such a young bloke, but a lot depends on what happens in the next 15 years as to whether he becomes any good or not.

Thought his technique was just ok, there was another young bloke's video up somewhere who looked a bit better I reckon. Then again...he's only 6.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a very slight element of spooky about these videos, reminding me a little of the infant beauty pageants that they hold in America for the purpose of (1) giving a vicarious thrill to their deeply ****ed-up weirdo mothers, and (2) creating maladjusted psychopathic teenagers.

Having said which, both of these kids looks bloody impressive, and I take my hat off to them both. I particularly liked the Indian kid's tiny pads. You can knock the idea of coaching at too young an age, but it didn't do Tiger Woods' golfing ability any harm.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If that little Indian fella wants to drive on the up with a straight front leg like that, he won't succeed on Australian pitches.

Well, not at test level at age four anyway.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If that little Indian fella wants to drive on the up with a straight front leg like that, he won't succeed on Australian pitches.

Well, not at test level at age four anyway.
He is practicing with a Plastic ball(I think) on a concrete surface, so should be well prepared for the extra bounce on Australian pitches. His height on the other hand could be a issue.:p

Bouncer

State Regular
Best of the luck to the kid, but wasn't Hick supposed to be british bradman for years before he got into International cricket

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is practicing with a Plastic ball(I think) on a concrete surface, so should be well prepared for the extra bounce on Australian pitches. His height on the other hand could be a issue.:p
He'll probably play the short stuff really well, being vertically challenged :)

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
I'll guess at no.

Plenty of young kids look really good and then go onto to do nothing. Whether it is when they have to bat against a hard ball, face faster bowling, deal with varied bowlers or whatever. I know that when I came through youth cricket I was really just a lower order hitter, now out of the guys from my youth cricket days I am the one that scores the most runs and I am technically the most correct.