• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs Australia. Better team in the subcontinent/UAE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshran

International Debutant
England's overall record in tests has been better for last 3-4 years and they have proven performers in the side.

Australia have won a series in Lanka recently and their young bowling attack is clicking quite well. The absence of a quality spinner does hurt them though

Which team has the goods to perform better while touring the subcontinent/UAE?

Spark

Global Moderator
More seriously though, I think this is incredibly premature. One session, for goodness' sake.

Although I definitely think we'd have a very good shot.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I also find it interesting that the UAE counts as "the subcontinent" only on the occasions that it happens to fit an argument.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
AH one bad session and all suddenly the match thread and CC in general is chocker full of this stuff. Might be best to give this forum a miss if the next session goes badly too, or I'll be staring down the barrel of another enforced one. Honestly.

ganeshran

International Debutant
I just asked which is the better team in the SC/UAE?

Whether, those who answer use this one session or not to post their opinions is upto them really.

ganeshran

International Debutant
I also find it interesting that the UAE counts as "the subcontinent" only on the occasions that it happens to fit an argument.
what argument?

Conditions in the SC and UAE are quite similar (atleast to the ones in Pakistan and some in India). Flatter wickets, less lateral movement etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
Everyone refers to the UAE as subcontinental conditions tbf. Geography isn't important.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just asked which is the better team in the SC/UAE?

Whether, those who answer use this one session or not to post their opinions is upto them really.
Pretty convenient timing though, it must be said. I do wonder if this thread would exist if the score was 150/0.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pretty funny that this thread has been started after 1 bloody session. Wait till England has played all 3 SC sides. I admit that they have had a brain fart but they won't have it again.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I find it pretty funny that this **** disappears when India are getting hammered, yet the second England look like they're struggling we're back on creating plenty of troll threads.

Flem274*

123/5
Enough guys. Let's see if we can get an actual debate out of this thread.

I think someone like Michael Clarke tips it slightly in Australia's favour, but then the likes of Watson do struggle against spin early. Despite that though, Watto has a ton in India.

I'll go with Australia, just. England have two good opportunities to prove themselves though, so we'll see.

smash84

The Tiger King
Australia looking VERY strong in this series against India.

More so than England in the summer

Australia for mine

Status
Not open for further replies.