• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes to England Team in Next Match Onwards

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
so he's pretty much the best performed english batsman on tour :ph34r:
Cook has somehow ground out some runs while looking like he doesn't have a clue. I also give him some of the blame for the start we got off to in the run chase in the 2nd test where we didn't go anywhere. Trott had one innings and Strauss a couple of 40/50's.

Rest have been a bunch of muppets.

OhhhhMattyMatty

Cricket Spectator
Prior, Azhar and Younis were the only batsmen to look good against the spin. Azhar obviously has a number of problems against the quicks which will be exposed in Australia, South Africa and England, but against spin he looked very composed and in control.

Prior showed previously in Sri Lanka he could handle Muralitharan on raging turners and he once again showed he's easily England's best player of spin in the longer format. May have been too much to promote him up to number 3 or number 4. But that chase today was crying out for him to come in after Pietersen's dismissal. The fact he ended up 49* just shows what a waste it is bringing him in at 7 on turning pitches.

Patel in for Morgan and Bresnan in for Onions would be my changes for the squad for Sri Lanka. Possibly Bairstow in for Davies as well as an extra genuine batting option.

No need to bring in 5 or 6 players as 9 of the XI who played today will help us beat South Africa this Summer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Go **** yourself English fans. Oh sorry you played a few sweep shots and got out because you went back into "****** mode" when playing spin cos you haven't played in such conditions for a while. Your team is still amazingly awesome and you have the awesomeness of Trott.

TROTT!

Chill the **** out
I take this back. Start panicking ****s.
That being said, you blokes should still get rid of Morgan though ffs.
I don't take this back though.