• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how come all the test keepers bar prior and rahim currently suck

Jayzamann

International Regular
Collective skill level actually is higher now that a certain granite hands from Lahore has been dropped, imo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chandimal and Prasanna Jayawardene - whichever of the two Sri Lanka decide to give the gloves to - are pretty good. Nothing wrong with Taibu either.

I'll also add that I think Rahim's keeping is substandard. :p

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chandimal and Prasanna Jayawardene - whichever of the two Sri Lanka decide to give the gloves to - are pretty good. Nothing wrong with Taibu either.

i'll trade Hilf for Prasanna tbh. Throw in a 2nd round draft pick if I have to.

but yeah kinda funny how a lot of countries are in a goalie controversy sorta position. really strange time.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

Agreed. Carlton Baugh is very good with the gloves. Dhoni is OK too, except when he tries to hold a bat outside SC.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

The sad thing is Prior isn't even a great gloveman but the ineptitude of some of the others around the world make him look good.

flibbertyjibber

Well batting wise he is arguably the 2nd best keeper bat behind Gilly. Between him and Sanga anyway. Sanga just so good as a bat alone he will get nod from many I guess.

Looks one of the most important players in the England side and it isn't as if it is a poor side, shows how well he has done over the last year or so.

Burgey

Well batting wise he is arguably the 2nd best keeper bat behind Gilly. Between him and Sanga anyway. Sanga just so good as a bat alone he will get nod from many I guess.

Looks one of the most important players in the England side and it isn't as if it is a poor side, shows how well he has done over the last year or so.
And how rubbish his immediate predecessors were too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah; which is why I think he's better than just "not ****" in the context of this thread (although I'd take Flower ahead of all of them if we're just talking batting).

flibbertyjibber

And how rubbish his immediate predecessors were too.
To be fair he was part of the medicrity too, got dropped with his batting average below 40 and after some crap glovework on the last tour to Sri Lanka.

Ambrose and Read still give me nightmares.:-O