• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

next test team

who will be next test team ?

• Kenya

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Holland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Namibia

• Canada

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Scotland

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Ireland

• PNG

• Nepal

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • USA (u wish !)

• Any other (specify)

• Total voters

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
hahaha well i guess it's obvious. Scotland are the only ones who have polled at all therefore I think they're the next in.
They're a wealthy country who have proved themeselves before. I think they'd be keen!
Give them a go

Mr. P

Kenya methinks. But that will be a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, time.

Say, 2 or 3 years.:)

amits

Banned
mavric41 said:
Where's China?
China ??? :O :O :O

They arent even an affiliate member of the ICC and they have just become an associate member of the ACC.

They wont be in the international scene for atleast 15 more yearsand by the time they come up, already 1/2 more test nations would have been added before china.

15 Test Nations by 2025, the game is globalising

Linda

I reckon Kenya look pretty good, but will be a long way off. They were a surprise in the WC.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Kenya are head & shouldersabove the rest of the non test playing nations , they were unlucky to be overlooked for Bangladesh.
I doubt they will be overlooked again , Id say by 2008.

V Reddy

International Debutant
jamee999 said:
LOL:lol: :lol: Who voted for Nepal
I didn't vote for them but you can't rule out Nepal. Cricket is popular in Nepal and the ICC looks into these factors too when they decide and also they have a pretty good junior team . But it is still a long way off for them. For Kenya it all depends on the next set of players for me. Odumbe,Tikolo,Suji, Modi,Karim,etc,. are going to retire in the near future. They have good players in Odoyo,Shah and the two Obuyas. But they need to find some decent batsman soon to replace them. Not sure how effectively the prize money is being used and cricket is not a popular sport in kenya. I wanted them to get Test status before Bangladesh but now things look bleak for me since they are not playing that much ODI too.

amits

Banned
only 15 votes, come on guys, i think there r over 780 members out here.

13 votes for kenya ??? :O :O :O

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Now it's 14.

They already have ODI status, and the ICC are working towards their integration into the Test programme. Give it until 2008.

Next team after Kenya's much less clear cut however.

Namibia for mine.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That makes 15 for Kenya.

Kenya will be first, that's definite.

After that, well I don't know. They can't admit either of Holland, Scotland or Ireland without taking the other two (because it's so even between the three), Nepal could be a candidate of course, has a strong U19 side which could help them get a good tournament at the World Cup in 2007, UAE is a good candidate because of the game's popularity there, PNG are pathetic, USA is actually possible even though they don't have a good team (money, money, money), Namibia have a solid team but nothing spectacular.

Of course, there is always Norway :P