• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

next test team

who will be next test team ?

• Kenya

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Holland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Namibia

• Canada

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Scotland

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Ireland

• PNG

• Nepal

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • USA (u wish !)

• Any other (specify)

• Total voters

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
Overwhelming support for the Nepalese!
Any reasons why the Scots aren't a greater cricket side?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not much interest in the sport up there I reckon, no sunshine, no summer, busy chasing eggs :)

Agree with what Amits said - Nepal are improving rapidly. I think the 2007 WC may be a touch beyond them yet as they don't have the stock of older/experienced players to compete with the top associates. However there are five places available, so I wouldn't put it past them.

As for making Australia/NZ in 2011 - if you can find a bookmaker, go put some money on it now.

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
Question: Do the games against the Scots etc. count as full One-Day Internationals, or is that honour only bestowed upon the test-playing nations?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Token said:
Question: Do the games against the Scots etc. count as full One-Day Internationals, or is that honour only bestowed upon the test-playing nations?
Any match against a Nation with full ODI status (i.e. the 10 Test Nations plus Kenya), or a World Cup/Champions Trophy match (eg Holland v Namibia) counts as an ODI.

Associate Competitions (eg ICC Trophy) don't.

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
Thankyou kindly you just netted me a good $10 NZ after I had a bet with my mate that they didn't get full ODI status every match.
Cheers.

I read about Afghanistan a while back. Some minnow-minnow countries are struggling for money and an infrastructure, but Afghanistan is struggling for absolutely anything.

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think we should leave Kenya out of all this. we all know they would be the first. The question is who will be the next one after nepal

Rajat, you're making a habit of making suspect comments and then seemingly changing what you were saying. Can we get some consistency out of you or at least swallow your pride and have the decency to not run scared after making such *clangers*.

:lol:

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
Furious again??????

Mr furious when will u change. I think at this age talking like this makes me think ur mentally ********. plzz make clear of wat u r trying to say. by the way wat did i change in my comments. i just added a new dimension to the thinking

Andre

International Regular
FINAL WARNING

To all forum members:

Of late there has been far too much petty arguing between members. As we've seen in the past, they boil over into flamewars.

For the sake of the forum, please keep your posts on topic and avoid attacking other members.

Those who need to attack others to prove a point are always the ones with the problem.

Now, lets not let differances of opinions become personal battles. Feel free to offer differing opinions, but never ever attack another forum member for their views. It's weak, ignorant, obnoxious and childish.

I'm hoping I won't have to post anything like this again in a hurry.

Now, please - back to the cricket.

Last edited:
Rajat, you've been warned about some comments, hopefully you'll get another one about the mentally ******** thing.
I was talking about the fact that this is about the next test team, not the next next test team or the next team after kenya or the next team after nepal.. it's ludicrous at this stage to make such a definite comment stating the timing of Nepal becoming a test team.

Andre

International Regular
furious_ged said:
Rajat, you've been warned about some comments, hopefully you'll get another one about the mentally ******** thing.
I was talking about the fact that this is about the next test team, not the next next test team or the next team after kenya or the next team after nepal.. it's ludicrous at this stage to make such a definite comment stating the timing of Nepal becoming a test team.
Please. Let the moderators do the moderating. Comments like this are useless.

Don't argue.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
If you're buying eggs to pelt Bush, I'll chip in
No use doing that - childish tac. The man's an idiot, but lobbing eggs won't help. We've just got to wait for him to get kicked-out of the Whitehouse. Hopefully it'll only be a year.