• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

We will beat Aussies at home: Srinivasan

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In any case, after what's been happening I don't for a moment believe that an Indian win is guaranteed in India.

Though I would think India would be favorites (however slight) vs. both England and Australia at home even after this? What do the bookies say?

Losing at home to both would be absolutely the most shocking result in Indian cricket in my lifetime.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I've mentioned before that everyone seems to be assuming we're going to be winning every single home series, which is a pretty big assumption.

flibbertyjibber

In any case, after what's been happening I don't for a moment believe that an Indian win is guaranteed in India.

Though I would think India would be favorites (however slight) vs. both England and Australia at home even after this? What do the bookies say?

Losing at home to both would be absolutely the most shocking result in Indian cricket in my lifetime.
You are obviously too young to remember England and their pathetic mid 80's team winning in India then. India must have been really bad to lose to that team, we basically only beat Australia, NZ and India in the whole decade. Even Sri Lanka drew with us at Lords in 84 we were that crap.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, lets you know which format matters in the eyes of the people running the show ;)

It's the one generating the money.

I love it when the BCCI vindicates everything I say about them.
We won the Test series 4-0, the ODI series 3-0 and won the T20 match. So I don't know where the "we lost 5-0 in England" comes from.

Burgey

As much as i hate him, don't think he is a Ijaz Butt, tbf.

He is just overwhelmingly arrogant and opaque most of the time.(Thinks he is too clever and all others are fools,IMO.)
Also Runs a almost billion dollar(?) company in India Cements as MD.
So he's Pratters.

Indian cricket in stable and safe hands then.

Burgey

Haha, lets you know which format matters in the eyes of the people running the show ;)

It's the one generating the money.

I love it when the BCCI vindicates everything I say about them.
Harsha Bhogle was talking about this on ABC radio yesterday after the match finished, during one of those fantastic long, unstructured chats they all have post match which cover everything in cricket pretty much.

He was saying ODIs are the money making format for cricket and they can't be allowed to let die, because they provide the most opportunity for TV adverts in any given day. Must say I hadn't thought of it that way, but he's obviously right.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think we will beat anyone at home at this rate.. But even if we do, I am not sure if I am gonna care that much. The fact is, we have regressed when it comes to playing outside the SC and instead of dealing with that, BCCI are trying to impress with bravado and "us Vs them" sentiments. I know there have been lots said and written but when you play this bad, you gotta cop them. If you really wanna shut them up, start playing well and then watch as the Indian fans and media gloat... But of course, BCCI has other important stuff, like scheduling the 50 day IPL...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Harsha Bhogle was talking about this on ABC radio yesterday after the match finished, during one of those fantastic long, unstructured chats they all have post match which cover everything in cricket pretty much.

He was saying ODIs are the money making format for cricket and they can't be allowed to let die, because they provide the most opportunity for TV adverts in any given day. Must say I hadn't thought of it that way, but he's obviously right.
Is that right? Surely the money that's come in since T20 and the IPL in particular blows ODI revenue away?

uvelocity

International Coach
Interesting to see that it's open slather to criticise the BCCI now. I recall not too long ago, when one would opine negatives regarding said joke body, shrill cries would resound from certain corners.

Their sheer lack of knowledge regarding their national team is very scary.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Haha, what a pathetic and weak comment. Practically saying they have given up, publicly. Would be hilarious if they lost at home as well.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
ODI's are still very popular in India. Are in England as well as far as tickets for Lords go. Haven't managed to get any since 2009.

Spark

Global Moderator
ODIs are fine here, viewerships last year were great.

As for the OP... just as I was starting to feel a little sorry for India. Won't make that mistake again for a while.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
7 hours vs 3 hours as far as selling advertising space goes.
Well, yeah, but it's not as simple as that tho, is it? All about prestige viewer groups and so forth. Football has only ten minutes at HT for ads and it does ok revenue-wise.

Else tests would be the cash cow; even a two match series has potentially ten days with seventy plus hours (including lunch and tea) of space for ads. Even those interminable 7 ODI series can't compete with the shortest possible test series in terms of brute hours.

Spark

Global Moderator
FTR I reckon that given adequate preparation, a Test series in India vs either us or England in the near future would be a fairly comfortable victory to the away team. Not because we're awesome, we aren't, but the gap between the general "cricket" standard and the professionalism between the former and latter is just staggering atm. It's not like Indian conditions are that alien nowadays.

Last edited: