• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is india the least 'sporting' nation in the world??

is india there a country worse than india at sport?

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's probably part of it, but I doubt it's the full story. One could equally say the same thing of any number of developing nations (like Brazil and Kenya, for instance) and they seem to at least punch their weight in their favoured sports.

I don't know the exact figures, but if even 10% of the Indian population live in conditions broadly similar to developed nations they have a larger potential talent base to chose from than any other test country.
But are we really that bad in cricket because of a lack of ability or a lack of "care" factor? I would wager the current side, if they can show the hunger and drive that most other players show and started caring about test cricket away from home as much as they do about the IPL will do much better than what they have been doing. As Siddharth Mongia rightly points out, there was a time when we were #1 in tests when our latest overseas assignment record read something like.. lost in Australia, drew in RSA, beat Windies, beat England, drew in SL, lost in Pak, beat Bangladesh, beat Zimbabwe, beat NZ.. That is not much worse than most others, is it?