• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spikeydamus

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Since this post:

No I don't think he does. He's got some, of course. But I don't think he knows how he did it.

of course, my angry at hilf's selection has little to do with the man himself. i'm sure he's a good man, tasmanian and all. but i just find it infuriating that a person who performed so badly, so utterly terrible, during the ashes and has hardly done anything since (was that 5 wicket haul featuring 4 victorians who usually bat 7 to 11 really that impressive?) can come back. Now I know you're gonna point out all the injures, but we all knew the dropping of Hilf was a reluctant one. The guy still got ****ing picked for the 5th Ashes test for heaven's sake. Did we cut the CA contract? Nope. We sent him to the Aus A tour where he was in a battle with Copeland and Siddle instead! And where of course he utterly terrible. Was that the last straw, at least in the short term? Of course not! He got picked for Aus A against NZ where even Starc outperformed him. He was so so so bad during the ashes. It may have actually been the worst series performance by an Australian bowler in an Ashes series, keeping in mind this was over 4 tests. So many flaws got shown up; the lack of threat posed by him of course being at the forefront. So after 6 ****ing FC games, at an average of over 30, where his two best bowling performances have featured cleaning up the tail, he's fixed them? I'm deadly serious when I say give me Josh ****ing Lalor instead. Are we gonna pick Hughes asap if he scores two 50's in his Shield games at the end of the season and claims his bad form was because his pet Dog Buster died?

But hey good luck on boxing day buddy. Given you average 65 at the MCG you'll need it
The Horse has taken 31 wickets at an average of 15.

Spikey

Ruckus was totally hanging on my every word. He deserves to be called out.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The only thing worse than someone getting it wrong so much is a hindsight expert. So, so much worse.

Ruckus

International Captain
Ruckus was totally hanging on my every word. He deserves to be called out.
I resent this treatment. I believe pre-series that out of the squad selected I wanted Hilf in the team. Admittedly I made a pretty **** post somewhere along the way about him not having improved at all, but that being, er, ignored, I have been happy to accept he looks a changed man.

So please everyone, focus all of your abuse on Spikey. Thank you.

ajdude

International Coach
wait, 31 wickets? since that post he's played the three tests for 23 wickets unless i'm missing something

Spikey

He hasn't taken any wickets against a cromulent opponent tbf. Scott Coyte would be smashing India imo