• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The next nation to be granted Test status

Next test nation

• Total voters

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
Listing 8 options here, with the 6 current ODI-playing nations that don't have test status, in addition to "Other" and "nobody".

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Voted for Ireland as they definitely seem to be on the right track.

Wouldn't be at all surprised though if something really weird happened like part of the West Indies breaking away or another region of nations forming together to gain entry though. Cricket administration is weird at the best of times.

The conspiracy theorist in me says Afghanistan's likelihood to vote the way they're wanted to as opposed to Ireland could play a part as well.

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
Voted for Ireland as they definitely seem to be on the right track.

Wouldn't be at all surprised though if something really weird happened like part of the West Indies breaking away or another region of nations forming together to gain entry though. Cricket administration is weird at the best of times.

The conspiracy theorist in me says Afghanistan's likelihood to vote the way they're wanted to as opposed to Ireland could play a part as well.
I think you're about right; for me it's a tossup between Ireland and Afghanistan, or as you said, something weird happening. I voted for Afghanistan myself, somewhat on a whim.

Netherlands seem to be going for it too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We've already got one test nation who can't host home games. Afghanistan makes Pakistan look like the Isle of Wight too.

Also, Paksitan and India on the outers a bit too now with the latter's reluctance to host or even let the players of the former into their country. Hopefully the "sub-continetal bloc" now split assunder.

Anyway, Ireland deserve it the most in terms of results.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afghanistan's politics may count against them getting test status, though Pakistan have it and it's not like they're sitting pretty (or in the past, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka).

I still think Ireland are the most likely.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We've already got one test nation who can't host home games. Afghanistan makes Pakistan look like the Isle of Wight too.

Also, Paksitan and India on the outers a bit too now with the latter's reluctance to host or even let the players of the former into their country. Hopefully the "sub-continetal bloc" now split assunder.

Anyway, Ireland deserve it the most in terms of results.
This is a post I wholeheartedly agree with but, as I say, the conspiracy theorist in me thinks otherwise.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Discussed this with my dad the other day, best plan would be the 2 tier structure and bring in Ireland and Afghanistan to join Bangladesh and Zimbabwe down the bottom with NZ, SL and WI floating between group 1 and 2.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I voted for nobody. Nobody is getting test status for the next ten years. Both Zimbos and Bangers either need to settle as successful sides or be discarded as failed experiments first.

Afghans should team up with Bangers.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wouldn't even think of inserting another country until ongoing problems of the current lot are sorted. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in particular, with India threatening to join them. Pakistan seem to be settling down, but you never know. Zimbabwe's status isn't justified yet either.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
No it doesn't. Who would support them?
The nations represented? It's not a perfect solution, but it's one that could actually work. If the team gets too full with players from one nation, then make that nation a test team too. Imho, it's perfect for development. Mixed teams aren't exactly a new thing for Cricket.